FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Tryner78
I have had these VFT's for a month now, and they are looking pretty good. There is some healthy coloration on the new traps, and there's a bunch of new ones on the way. One plant is producing especially large traps, which have a beautiful red color.

the same trap shortly after opening

the family

Just thought I would share. I'm putting them through dormancy next year because I think they deserve a good growth season prior to their dormancy. Just thought I would share! Happy holidays! :D

( I am aware that the leaf attached to the big trap has discoloration. I think that this is due to a bit too much water and that it was formed while the plant was adjusting to the new light levels.)

Also.... I got a nice camera for Christmas, so I might be able to upload some nice pictures soon ;)
By Tryner78
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:where are you located?
Northern Illinois. Currently it is 1 degree outside. Wind chill: -13*F.
By Fly Trap Hunter
I used to do a lot of work along the lake in nw Chicago or physically Lake Forest. I loved the area. Love Shed Aquarium, Ed Debevnic's, art Institute. frozen lake sculptures, the L

dislikes the driest air on the earth in Winter.

I ask where you live because I thought your plants were outside. cool I cant imagine living somewhere so cold but I guess you just deal with it.
By Tryner78
Yep. I live in Lake county actually, so a bit far north of Chicago. I know that there is Volo bog up here, which is home to some S.purpensis. I don't know how the heck they survive! I have heard that bogs produce some heat through decomposition, and that their thermal mass is big enough to overcome freezing, but now I'm curious. Maybe one weekend I'll go there and check it out.
Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!