will these bulbs work for dormancy and seeds

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants
Fly Trap Hunter

will these bulbs work for dormancy and seeds

by Fly Trap Hunter » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:37 pm

I have some FEIT LED lightbulbs that are energy efficient at 7.5watts to produce 3000k/500lumens. they get HOT. says can be used in Luminaires. idk.

can that bulb work for Winter dormancy in a overhead light? and if i have 2 bulbs, is that 2 x 3000k/ 2 x 500 lumens = 6000k and 1000 lumens?

is it bright enough for drosera seedlings? i only need this setup for a month and im moving. Thanks always

Hungry Plants

Re: will these bulbs work for dormancy and seeds

by Hungry Plants » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:36 pm

It would be 3k @1000 lumes

The following users would like to thank Hungry Plants for this post
Fly Trap Hunter

Fly Trap Hunter

by Fly Trap Hunter » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:47 pm

i wondor if 4 bulbs in a chandelier would get me through a few months of dormancy? that would be 2000 lumens. i got to check for manufacturers specifics also because these bulbs get really hot.

Huntsmanshorn

by Huntsmanshorn » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:15 pm

Dormancy for what, VFTs? Then yes, if the only worry is light, absolutely.

The following users would like to thank Huntsmanshorn for this post
Fly Trap Hunter

Fly Trap Hunter

by Fly Trap Hunter » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:45 am

yes. dormancy for vfts. ok. maybe I'm not being clear. yes i need to keep the fly traps inside for a few months and great to know those bulbs will work.

its finally freezing out so i had to bring my adult d.capensis and d. spatulatas inside and they are under a 500 lumen bulb. I'm not sure if they are happy or stretching up toward the light. but also, i am trying to germinate drosera seeds and get them going with the LEDs. i only need 2 months of growing indoors and then i should be able to put them in natural sunlight. i wondor if 500 lumens is enough light for baby drosera?

Sundew boy

by Sundew boy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:53 am

Fly Trap Hunter wrote:yes. dormancy for vfts. ok. maybe I'm not being clear. yes i need to keep the fly traps inside for a few months and great to know those bulbs will work.

its finally freezing out so i had to bring my adult d.capensis and d. spatulatas inside and they are under a 500 lumen bulb. I'm not sure if they are happy or stretching up toward the light. but also, i am trying to germinate drosera seeds and get them going with the LEDs. i only need 2 months of growing indoors and then i should be able to put them in natural sunlight. i wondor if 500 lumens is enough light for baby drosera?
I think so

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

The following users would like to thank Sundew boy for this post
Fly Trap Hunter

Fly Trap Hunter

by Fly Trap Hunter » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:27 am

Sundew boy wrote:
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:yes. dormancy for vfts. ok. maybe I'm not being clear. yes i need to keep the fly traps inside for a few months and great to know those bulbs will work.

I think so

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
thanks. 2 LED bulbs that makes 1000 lumens just seems to easy. lol the drosera seem to enjoy that light and the fly traps are greening up as well.

Return to Artificial Lighting