FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Fly Trap Hunter
I have some FEIT LED lightbulbs that are energy efficient at 7.5watts to produce 3000k/500lumens. they get HOT. says can be used in Luminaires. idk.

can that bulb work for Winter dormancy in a overhead light? and if i have 2 bulbs, is that 2 x 3000k/ 2 x 500 lumens = 6000k and 1000 lumens?

is it bright enough for drosera seedlings? i only need this setup for a month and im moving. Thanks always
By Fly Trap Hunter
i wondor if 4 bulbs in a chandelier would get me through a few months of dormancy? that would be 2000 lumens. i got to check for manufacturers specifics also because these bulbs get really hot.
By Fly Trap Hunter
yes. dormancy for vfts. ok. maybe I'm not being clear. yes i need to keep the fly traps inside for a few months and great to know those bulbs will work.

its finally freezing out so i had to bring my adult d.capensis and d. spatulatas inside and they are under a 500 lumen bulb. I'm not sure if they are happy or stretching up toward the light. but also, i am trying to germinate drosera seeds and get them going with the LEDs. i only need 2 months of growing indoors and then i should be able to put them in natural sunlight. i wondor if 500 lumens is enough light for baby drosera?
By Sundew boy
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:yes. dormancy for vfts. ok. maybe I'm not being clear. yes i need to keep the fly traps inside for a few months and great to know those bulbs will work.

its finally freezing out so i had to bring my adult d.capensis and d. spatulatas inside and they are under a 500 lumen bulb. I'm not sure if they are happy or stretching up toward the light. but also, i am trying to germinate drosera seeds and get them going with the LEDs. i only need 2 months of growing indoors and then i should be able to put them in natural sunlight. i wondor if 500 lumens is enough light for baby drosera?
I think so

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
Sundew boy liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
Sundew boy wrote:
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:yes. dormancy for vfts. ok. maybe I'm not being clear. yes i need to keep the fly traps inside for a few months and great to know those bulbs will work.

I think so

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
thanks. 2 LED bulbs that makes 1000 lumens just seems to easy. lol the drosera seem to enjoy that light and the fly traps are greening up as well.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!