FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Fly Trap Hunter
I have some FEIT LED lightbulbs that are energy efficient at 7.5watts to produce 3000k/500lumens. they get HOT. says can be used in Luminaires. idk.

can that bulb work for Winter dormancy in a overhead light? and if i have 2 bulbs, is that 2 x 3000k/ 2 x 500 lumens = 6000k and 1000 lumens?

is it bright enough for drosera seedlings? i only need this setup for a month and im moving. Thanks always
By Fly Trap Hunter
i wondor if 4 bulbs in a chandelier would get me through a few months of dormancy? that would be 2000 lumens. i got to check for manufacturers specifics also because these bulbs get really hot.
By Fly Trap Hunter
yes. dormancy for vfts. ok. maybe I'm not being clear. yes i need to keep the fly traps inside for a few months and great to know those bulbs will work.

its finally freezing out so i had to bring my adult d.capensis and d. spatulatas inside and they are under a 500 lumen bulb. I'm not sure if they are happy or stretching up toward the light. but also, i am trying to germinate drosera seeds and get them going with the LEDs. i only need 2 months of growing indoors and then i should be able to put them in natural sunlight. i wondor if 500 lumens is enough light for baby drosera?
By Sundew boy
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:yes. dormancy for vfts. ok. maybe I'm not being clear. yes i need to keep the fly traps inside for a few months and great to know those bulbs will work.

its finally freezing out so i had to bring my adult d.capensis and d. spatulatas inside and they are under a 500 lumen bulb. I'm not sure if they are happy or stretching up toward the light. but also, i am trying to germinate drosera seeds and get them going with the LEDs. i only need 2 months of growing indoors and then i should be able to put them in natural sunlight. i wondor if 500 lumens is enough light for baby drosera?
I think so

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
Sundew boy liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
Sundew boy wrote:
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:yes. dormancy for vfts. ok. maybe I'm not being clear. yes i need to keep the fly traps inside for a few months and great to know those bulbs will work.

I think so

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
thanks. 2 LED bulbs that makes 1000 lumens just seems to easy. lol the drosera seem to enjoy that light and the fly traps are greening up as well.
worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!