FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Nightwing42540
How do you know if they are dormant? Also, an update on my adelae (Sad to say I lost one before I purchased this one)ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
By Fieldofscreams
They look dormant to me. Low and short growth and I'm willing to bet the new growth is incredibly slow growing.

I'm still new at this so take my word for a grain of salt.
By Nightwing42540
Fieldofscreams wrote:They look dormant to me. Low and short growth and I'm willing to bet the new growth is incredibly slow growing.

I'm still new at this so take my word for a grain of salt.
Yea, they're growing pretty slow.

By Nightwing42540
Huntsmanshorn wrote:Not the last one.
Haha, I know it was just an update

By idog24
They look dormant to me. If they have been outside all year round and have experienced the drop in temperature, then they are for sure dormant. You should not have them sit in water while in dormancy though btw. The constantly wet medium encourages the growth of mold in these cooler temperatures. And the plants like a reduce in water while they are dormant. Great looking plants! Well done. Can I ask what the third plant from the top is? Looks like a maroon monster but I'm not certain
By Nightwing42540
idog24 wrote:They look dormant to me. If they have been outside all year round and have experienced the drop in temperature, then they are for sure dormant. You should not have them sit in water while in dormancy though btw. The constantly wet medium encourages the growth of mold in these cooler temperatures. And the plants like a reduce in water while they are dormant. Great looking plants! Well done. Can I ask what the third plant from the top is? Looks like a maroon monster but I'm not certain
It's just a typical actually!

By Nightwing42540
idog24 wrote:They look dormant to me. If they have been outside all year round and have experienced the drop in temperature, then they are for sure dormant. You should not have them sit in water while in dormancy though btw. The constantly wet medium encourages the growth of mold in these cooler temperatures. And the plants like a reduce in water while they are dormant. Great looking plants! Well done. Can I ask what the third plant from the top is? Looks like a maroon monster but I'm not certain
Also, Miami doesn't get too cold so mold isn't much of a problem but I'll cut down on the water.

By FLTropical
I’m in Florida too. They look somewhat like mine. Mostly I can tell because i see how their growth changes. They slow down, and while they grow up in the summer during the winter they grow out, if at all. But different varieties can behave differently. Are yours under lights? I can’t tell.
By Nightwing42540
FLTropical wrote:I’m in Florida too. They look somewhat like mine. Mostly I can tell because i see how their growth changes. They slow down, and while they grow up in the summer during the winter they grow out, if at all. But different varieties can behave differently. Are yours under lights? I can’t tell.
No, they are outside the light inside is for my drosera adelae.

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!