FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By AndreasHad
Hello guys,

Last October I purchased 5 VFT seeds from ebay, I planted all of them but only one sprouted because i F'd up, it is the first time i try to grow VFT so please forgive my noob mistakes....but anyway....The problem is that my plant is about 5 weeks old and doesn't look anything like the VFT seedling photos i see online...it looks more cactus-like...did they rip me off?

here are some photos
Attachments:
vft1.jpg
vft1.jpg (591.42 KiB) Viewed 1954 times
vft2.jpg
vft2.jpg (477.16 KiB) Viewed 1954 times
By carelerasmus
AndreasHad wrote:Hello guys,

Last October I purchased 5 VFT seeds from ebay, I planted all of them but only one sprouted because i F'd up, it is the first time i try to grow VFT so please forgive my noob mistakes....but anyway....The problem is that my plant is about 5 weeks old and doesn't look anything like the VFT seedling photos i see online...it looks more cactus-like...did they rip me off?

here are some photos
I'm sorry to say, that is most definitely not any carnivorous plant, never mind a flytrap...some EBay sellers really are ripoffsImage rather order your plants from a trusted ( possibly more expensive seller) then at least you'll get what you ordered! BUT congratulations on growing some sort of succulent without really knowing how to care for that specific seedlingImageImageImage

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
By AndreasHad
Thanks for your answer, i kinda saw the lines...Its weird though because the seller had more than 200 of these seed packs sold as VFT with 100% positive feedback...Do you have any reliable source (that provides international shipping) i can get VFT seeds from?

thanks again :D
By carelerasmus
AndreasHad wrote:Thanks for your answer, i kinda saw the lines...Its weird though because the seller had more than 200 of these seed packs sold as VFT with 100% positive feedback...Do you have any reliable source (that provides international shipping) i can get VFT seeds from?

thanks again :D
Hmmm seeing as I'm from South Africa I don't know any sites or sellers where you are from! I do however believe that one of the South African sites do deliver worldwide?Image I'll go have a look!

By AndreasHad
Nevermind, i just noticed that this site has a pretty legit store with international shipping haha :D....Thanks for the link though...I live in Cyprus btw.
By carelerasmus
No problem! Good luck with the next try! hope you love your plants! Enjoyy!

By Benurmanii
Feedback on Ebay pretty much means nothing. Their feedback system promotes leaving feedback as soon as possible so everyone pretty much just posts feedback as soon as the seeds arrive, and not knowing better, assume they are what they claim them to be.
By xr280xr
It might be a dragon fruit cactus. Make sure you leave negative feedback and state you got fake VFT seeds if you can.
xr280xr liked this
By riveraXVX
came to post, let me guess.dragon fruit!

luckily/unluckily its not just you and you are nowhere the first to get taken by this crappy tactic.
Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!