FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Sleepy
I got a premium mystery box and was wanting some opinions on how to plant them right now I just have them all in tiny individual pots sitting in a tray but it gets cold enough early in the morning there's a thin layer of ice on the water in the trays
But I was thinking about if they would do okay if I put them all in one big pot together even though they are tiny and different cultivars
Attachments:
1206171716a.jpg
1206171716a.jpg (498.27 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
By Fieldofscreams
If you already potted them I would leave them alone until next year.

How did you get a premium mystery box? Ive been watching all the bundles for 6 months and they are always out of stock.
By Sleepy
I just checked it every night for about a week and they hadn't even sent out the notification that they were in stock yet
They should be okay in the tiny pots I saw something say they needed 8 inches for the roots
By Fieldofscreams
They could live in those pots for years or forever.

If you grow them well they will naturally divide to the point that they outgrow the pots but judging from the pictures it will take years before that happens.
By riveraXVX
Fieldofscreams wrote:If you already potted them I would leave them alone until next year.

How did you get a premium mystery box? Ive been watching all the bundles for 6 months and they are always out of stock.
someone else on the forum said they requested it on the store page and got a notice for it pretty much immediately. I didn't realize it but that it seems it is kind of a request system and if they can fill it for you (whether it shows in stock or not) it seems that they do assuming they are available. you could also try e-mailing Matt/Leah.

as for OP: I'm sorry I don't have good feedback for your question! most of ours are in slightly larger pots (20oz Styrofoam cups for most), or larger 6x6x8 square pots
By Orit
fieldofscreams, keep checking as often as you think of it. I've seen them come up quite a few times in the last few weeks. i would love another one, but it's a limited reserve item so i held back, which was really hard. they usually only put one up at a time. they are AWESOME and worth well over the price tag. i haven't been checking as often as i had in the past but will pm you if i spot one.

op, congratulations on your score!

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!