Is my VFT dying ?

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps
mmorgan78319

Is my VFT dying ?

by mmorgan78319 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:26 pm

Hi really new to this .
Just wanted to know of anyone new what is wrong or if anything with my plant started of really well then grew a huge stem and now all my leaves are much bigger and still new leaves are growing it doesn't look that healthy to me any news would be appreciated.

I water it with rain water I just keep it and it gets direct sunlight half the day about 4 hours maybe 5.

carelerasmus

Re: Is my VFT dying ?

by carelerasmus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:28 pm

mmorgan78319 wrote:Hi really new to this .
Just wanted to know of anyone new what is wrong or if anything with my plant started of really well then grew a huge stem and now all my leaves are much bigger and still new leaves are growing it doesn't look that healthy to me any news would be appreciated.

I water it with rain water I just keep it and it gets direct sunlight half the day about 4 hours maybe 5.
Hey! Can we see some pics? Would help a lot

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

KategoricalKarnivore

Re: Is my VFT dying ?

by KategoricalKarnivore » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:01 pm

Yeah a picture would help. It’s probably going dormant. Flytraps grow long skinny leaves during the growing season then grow short broad leaves during the winter. They like as much direct sun as you can give them as well. Where is yours growing? Inside outside?
A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in--what more could he ask? A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars.
Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

Return to Venus Fly Trap Care Questions