FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Sakaaaaa
Someone on Indo-eBay (not the real name of course) is selling the FTS red mix seed for about $1...
PER SEED!
Is this overpriced? Lots of people here sell seeds per seed and I dont know why. I know that this guy is a real seller and does not do fakes (Not like that one that sold orchid seeds in packets of 5 or the lavender VFT guy).
By Fly Trap Hunter
fly trap store has seeds for $12.95 for 15 seeds. that's almost $1 per seed. I would think premium - maybe all red -seeds are more expensive than typicals. that said, I got a few really cool babies from fts seeds that are about 3 to 4 months old that definitely have high quality traits, even so young.

I'm sure someone could get a better deal for seeds if they bought a bunch and afford to sell for $1 each. that's expensive though if I can get some free from the seed bank or my own plants.
I saw where you can get 500 vft seeds from BCP for roughly $45. i'd have to grow fly traps full-time for all that.
By Sakaaaaa
Oh, so I guess they're OK priced. I didn't know VFT seeds were expensive!
By riveraXVX
$1 per seed is what I'd consider appropriate-ish unless in bulk if I were buying them from a vendor. if I were buying from an individual that just happens to sell seeds from their plants - I'd expect the price to be less usually.
By Sakaaaaa
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:https://www.flytrapcare.com/store/venus ... y-flytraps this is a great and imho much better deal than starting with seeds.
THe only reason I have not ordered from FTS is because I'm Indonesia and I'm afraid my orders are going to get confiscated!

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

Drosera germination time

Hello everyone - I recently got some D. burmanni[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!