FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Sakaaaaa
I was listening to music in my room when suddenly the mail(wo)man came. It was a Sunday, so it was very unexpected! I was of course very happy. Here's a little "photo unboxing" for you guys.
Here is the package, no box. It is very well packed.
This is the package without bubble wrap. Yes, that's a ton of tape right there.
This is the contents, the big bag of sphag is another thing I ordered, not for the plant. The plant is in the middle on the tissue thing. The other smaller wet bag of sphag is for the plant. The paper is a "care guide" the seller likes to give. I don't follow them because I know how to do stuff.
This is the plant itself with a ruler. As you can see it's about 2 cm. It's also very healthy too. You can see a growing root tip as well, which is great.
This is the plant potted up and ready to grow! I had a little trouble because it was so small! It is sitting in a tray just like my other plants (I dont leave my VFTs sitting in water, the tray is just so it does not hit the rusty oreo container I put my plants in). It also has a tiny, red "Trichterfalle"-style trap, which is cool.

I put it in part sun (Cloudy day here) along with my other plants. Should I acclimate or just immediately give it full sun?

Thanks for looking!
By Sakaaaaa
mouthstofeed wrote:yay!
And yay indeed!
Orit wrote:so glad it arrived in good shape! happy unboxing!
Thanks! This is my first morphological oddity flytrap! (Morphological=shape). I hope the unopened traps will open soon!

I got a fever today, so it seems I gave some of my health to the trap.
Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!