FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By heathenpriest
I've been looking for inexpensive, tall, plain white plastic cups to put individual VFTs in to sell, give away, etc. I've looked online and in stores, and can't find anything as tall as I want. I'd actually like it to be about 10 inches, like the "Big Gulp" cups at some convenience stores, movie theaters, amusement parks, etc. But I can't seem to find cups that big for sale anywhere. Apparently the businesses that use them have them specially made, and they're proprietary. I've found some square popcorn cups that are kind of nice, except that they're red and white and say "Popcorn" on them.
Any ideas?
By riveraXVX
you can find larger ones than 7" with some places just do some look into event cups / promotional cups / give away cups / etc

there are a lot of places that produce those types of things and usually if you shop around you can find some good deals either with or without custom printing
By riveraXVX
mouthstofeed wrote:everywhere, as thrown away detritus
that is where most of our styrofoam cups come from, I don't want to buy new ones
By mouthstofeed
riveraXVX wrote:
mouthstofeed wrote:everywhere, as thrown away detritus
that is where most of our styrofoam cups come from, I don't want to buy new ones
it's free, and good for the planet.
By riveraXVX
we upcycle/recycle as much as we can, I'm always sizing up everything around me for use in other areas or to be adapted to use. tape measure in pocket always even! I'm the weirdo up in the thrift store measuring cups with a ruler, as opposed to the normal weirdo.
By Orit
The best cups/pots I have are recycled beer cups from football games. a great size and very thick plastic. unfortunately we've run out of them and games are way too expensive, no matter how bad the Broncos suck this year.
By PitBulMom
Contact your local Stores, ask if they will sell you a sleeve of them!
Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!