FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By somerandomband
I noticed some signs of spider mites on my cannabis so I looked at my carnivorous babies and my eldest pitcher plant had them too!
I looked up what to do and on here somewhere people kept saying acephate products. So I went out in my town to buy some but apparently Oregon doesnt sell it? I didn't know what to do but I went to a grow store and they sold me predatory mites... anyone have experience with them? They're swirski mites apparently. I'm afraid to spray them with anything but acephate and I've only seen evidence of them on my pitcher plant, but I want everyone else to be safe!
I only put them in yesterday, but I have no idea how long they take to mite-army kill the spider mites.
By somerandomband
But that would kill the predatory mites too :'( I think I'll give them a chance before spraying
By somerandomband
I've been spraying my cannabis with neem oil for a while but they seen resistant against it after the end of the day. Is neem oil okay for carnivorous plants? I don't want to hurt them :(
By SundewWolf
The miticide from flytrapstore is very good, I used it to solve my huge mite dilemma a year ago.

Predatory mites would likely work as well, but I prefer to just use miticide and kill them all off relatively quickly. Not sure where you plan to buy them but naturesgoodguys.com has pretty cheap deals since they can sell them in smaller quantities.
SundewWolf liked this
By somerandomband
After one night the evidence of spider mites seems to have waned. My cannabis has way less bug poo on her now and I'm not seeing any on my nepenthes. I think the predatory mites are having a giant feast!!! Do you guys know if they eat mealy bugs or whiteflys too? I don't think they have them but I want to treat for everything to be safe!
Thank you for your replies!
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!