FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Fly Trap Hunter
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Ok the giveaway is over. According to random.org the winners( yes winners, I had two packs left over) are number 3 Shadowtski and number 8 Orit. I will be PMing for shipping payment details. Thanks to everyone that entered and keep a look out for another possible gemmae giveaway soon.
Yeah! congratulations yall.
By Shadowtski
Potted up the 12 Gemmae today.
They all look nice, plump, and healthy.
I used a 4 1/2 inch square, 5 inch deep pot.
Media is 1:1 peat:perlite.
I bagged the pot to aid humidity and trigger growth.
Now the waiting game begins.

Maybe next year I can do a Gemmae giveaway, or possibly sooner.
One of my Drosera scorpioides is showing a fat fuzzy swelling in the center at the growth point.

Thanks again Dustin!

Good growing,
Mike
Shadowtski liked this
By Orit
The USPS loses so many of my packages (but only when the contents have a short shelf life). Last update was two days ago in another state. I hope they're okay when they finally make it. Glad Mike got his safely at least.
By KategoricalKarnivore
Orit wrote:The USPS loses so many of my packages (but only when the contents have a short shelf life). Last update was two days ago in another state. I hope they're okay when they finally make it. Glad Mike got his safely at least.
They are telling me it’s in Littleton CO. Hopefully you get them tomorrow. They should still be fine and if not I’ll send you some more. I’ve got plenty. Good luck.
By Orit
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:
Orit wrote:The USPS loses so many of my packages (but only when the contents have a short shelf life). Last update was two days ago in another state. I hope they're okay when they finally make it. Glad Mike got his safely at least.
They are telling me it’s in Littleton CO. Hopefully you get them tomorrow. They should still be fine and if not I’ll send you some more. I’ve got plenty. Good luck.
Thank you again. I don't understand why we're showing different information in the tracking. Weird. Mine still shows Beaumont. I'm sure they'll be okay but thanks so much for the offer.
By Orit
Delivered today! Thanks again so much, Dustin. I'll post updates when there's something to post. Again, really excited and really thankful for your generosity. I've always wanted pygmy sundews!
Orit liked this
By KategoricalKarnivore
Orit wrote:Delivered today! Thanks again so much, Dustin. I'll post updates when there's something to post. Again, really excited and really thankful for your generosity. I've always wanted pygmy sundews!
Awesome, glad they finally showed up.
By Orit
Got USPS's delivery text at 8:15 last night (29 hours after it was delivered). :lol: Glad I didn't wait to check the mail.
By KategoricalKarnivore
Orit wrote:Got USPS's delivery text at 8:15 last night (29 hours after it was delivered). :lol: Glad I didn't wait to check the mail.
Yeah the get mixed up so much at the postal service. I sent some gemmae to Hawaii the other day in a Tuesday and they arrived that Thursday. But I send stuff a few states over and it takes 4 days. Crazy.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!