FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By Fly Trap Hunter
pitcher
pitcher
IMG_5921.JPG (223.8 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
sundew
sundew
IMG_5956.JPG (340.78 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
I'm a newbie and I really don't know these plants except some are pitcher plants, some sun dews, fly traps etc. I am posting here instead of another site because, well everybody doesn't need to know. there.

I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one who enjoys looking at plants. :D

I'll post more pics or do a slide show if you want. Funny thing is while I was there, this lady said it's a shame there are only yellow flowers. :shock:
Attachments:
yelpit
yelpit
IMG_5856.JPG (236.72 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
idkwhat
idkwhat
IMG_5848.JPG (362.42 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
sarr
sarr
IMG_5855.JPG (353.85 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
By Sakaaaaa
1. Sarracenia rubra hybrid maybe
2. Drosera capensis probably
3. Sarracenia flava
4. Sarracenia "Bug bat" maybe ir some other minor hybrid. Ir maybe just pure minor.
5. Sarracenia Dana's Delight I think.
Sakaaaaa liked this
By slinx
Nice pictures!

Sakaaaaa, please don't just make up answers out of thin air. I know nothing about Sarracenia, but it took me one second to look up what Sarracenia 'Dana's Delight' looks like and it looks nothing like the one in the picture.

That's also definitely Drosera anglica or intermedia, both temperate species, and not Drosera capensis which is a subtropical species (so it would have no business growing among Sarracenia) and looks nothing like that.
By Sakaaaaa
slinx wrote:Nice pictures!

Sakaaaaa, please don't just make up answers out of thin air. I know nothing about Sarracenia, but it took me one second to look up what Sarracenia 'Dana's Delight' looks like and it looks nothing like the one in the picture.

That's also definitely Drosera anglica or intermedia, both temperate species, and not Drosera capensis which is a subtropical species (so it would have no business growing among Sarracenia) and looks nothing like that.
I'm sorry. I mix up similar (Well at least in my head) species and hybrids often. Sorry. I'll try not doing that next time. I think I meant Adrian Slack but after lookin around I now think it's Leucophylla... maybe.
Sakaaaaa liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
cpred
cpred
IMG_5970.JPG (323.65 KiB) Viewed 5526 times
Can someone show me how to say thank you without a reply to a thread? :)

Here are a few more pics. The little sun dew to the top left is only about the size of a dime.

Thanks yall. I just like to take pretty pictures. I will learn as I go. This is all just fun stuff to me. Thanks again
Attachments:
sun dews
sun dews
IMG_5899 (2).JPG (259.76 KiB) Viewed 5526 times
cpdif1flower
cpdif1flower
IMG_5942.JPG (445.62 KiB) Viewed 5526 times
cpreddif1
cpreddif1
IMG_5943.JPG (305.97 KiB) Viewed 5526 times
By KategoricalKarnivore
Fly Trap Hunter wrote: Can someone show me how to say thank you without a reply to a thread? :)
Click on the little thumbs up in the post that you want to say thank you on.
By HeliamphoraWalnut
1. Alata/ rubra hybrid...may have flava, but more likely not
2. Intermedia
3. Flava var. ornata
4. Not pure minor. Looks like Flava or rubra x minor, or also known as S. rehderi (rubra) or S. haperi (flava)
5. Leucophylla hybrid that has backcrossed with leucophylla
I would say the leucophylla look like one on the first post is a leucophylla hybrid e.g. (Leucophylla x rubra) x leucophylla
Also, that is not capensis. I agree with slinx, that's probably an intermedia.
Last pic is a purp :)
By Fly Trap Hunter
So if I'm walking down the path in the garden, the picture of 2 types(5934) - yellow left, red right is on my right side. The other pic is on my left. They look like a mixture. Is this what happened to make a hybrid?
Alata/ rubra hybrid...may have flava, but more likely not
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote
cross-pollination
cross-pollination
IMG_5923.JPG (387.82 KiB) Viewed 5473 times
Attachments:
cross-pollination?
cross-pollination?
IMG_5934.JPG (385.86 KiB) Viewed 5473 times
Fly Trap Hunter liked this
By Mawy_Plants
I know you haven't posted here since summer. But you did mention that you recently visited there in another thread. Hope you bring this thread back! Would be neat seeing them as they go into dormancy. Thank you for sharing, I surely enjoy seeing these plants in their home!
By Fly Trap Hunter
Mawy_Plants wrote:I know you haven't posted here since summer. But you did mention that you recently visited there in another thread. Hope you bring this thread back! Would be neat seeing them as they go into dormancy. Thank you for sharing, I surely enjoy seeing these plants in their home!
there is another thread with pitchers from rehder gardens. post304901.html?hilit=rehder#p304901 those pitchers are from a few weeks ago.
most everything looks pretty bad right now. a lot of black. the pitchers have collapsed. I can still get pictures though. the sundews are more obvious. its really wet in the gardens right now.

somebody cleared out a 10ft by 10ft section of beautiful red fly traps since I was there a few weeks ago. Maybe it was the garden caretakers. there are cameras all over the gardens and a felony and $2000 plus prison time for poaching. this is a garden in its natural habitat in Wilmington, nc, but most likely, this garden is full of Matt's cultivars. (story at 6pm)
By PitBulMom
:D You are so lucky to be able to go to a Garden like that and see them in their natural setting!
Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Expanding the Garden

It was a bunch of pepper plants mainly, along with[…]

What’s happening

It looks to be planted too deep. You want the rhiz[…]

Thank you for the seeds and the little gift Cant w[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!