FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Apprz
Hello i'm new here first some things about me i'm 15 years old and i live in switzerland.
So i recently got 3 heliamphoras 1 pulchella 1 heterodoxa x minor and 1 minor. and i wanted to make a highland terrarium for them. i planned to get a 60x40x40 terrarium.
For the climate technic i planned to use a fogger and
a small air conditioner. The air conditioner will be like this:https://youtu.be/8Pt73uCYc50 The fogger and the air conditioner will be connected to the timer.
So and for the Lamps i will use fluorescent tubes. 2x 18w 6500k 1300lm and 2x 18w 4000k 1300lm. the distance between the plants and the lamp will be about 20-25 centimetres. The terrarium will have one ventilation spot, and i will open it a few times a day.So now i will ask you guys what do you think is that a good consideration if not i ask for improvement suggestions.
By Rammplins
How low are you trying to get the temps? is your brick going in the tank? What is the ambient temp around the tank? I don't know if that brick AC will get it low enough, and your humidifier will constantly be battling that brick to raise the humidity if the brick is kept in the tank. Other than that everything else looks good.
By Rammplins
Sorry, I was looking at it wrong. Your brick uses evaporative cooling to cool the air, so it will actually raise the humidity. The problem is you probably want a high humidity environment for your tank, and the higher the humidity the less evaporative coolers work
By Apprz
the temperature should be around 25 at the day and aroud 15 at nigth. and yes the brick will be in the tank. ok i didnt know that evaporative coolers have trouble working with high humidity maybe i have to figure out a different cooling system. but i'm glad that the setup is in the most parts good.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
By Rammplins
I actually just finished setting up and tweaking my highland tank, I use a peltier cooler and the past 2 days it hit a constant 13C for nighttime. I'm going to put up a plan for everything I did and how I put it together later today for everyone, it was actually fairly simple.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!