FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By UsagiGreenPaw
Got two new buttetworts in the mail today! Getting plants in the mail may be my favorite thing.

P. Guatemala & P. Moranensis
So stinking cute!
Attachments:
20171012_150704.jpg
20171012_150704.jpg (605.76 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
20171012_150700.jpg
20171012_150700.jpg (632.2 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
20171012_145851.jpg
20171012_145851.jpg (748.33 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
20171012_145819.jpg
20171012_145819.jpg (670.82 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
By UsagiGreenPaw
From a vendor online, CascadeCarnivores, I found accidentally about a month ago. I honestly dont remember how I found them. :) Everything I wanted was out of stock and I'm slowly acquiring the butterworts I want as they refresh inventory. I think I have a few more...esseriana is on the list for certain!
By Bob Beer
UsagiGreenPaw wrote:From a vendor online, CascadeCarnivores, I found accidentally about a month ago. I honestly dont remember how I found them. :) Everything I wanted was out of stock and I'm slowly acquiring the butterworts I want as they refresh inventory. I think I have a few more...esseriana is on the list for certain!
Ha, I just got a Guatemala from CC myself. You’re looks better but I’m sure mine will perk up. I’ve mostly had very good luck with his plants and he’s generous with size too. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By heywhathuh
Yep, I've gotten a few plants from CC and always been happy. Sometimes they take a little while to acclimate (I imagine his are kept in much different conditions from mine) but they always bounce back to something very healthy, and I've never gotten one I thought was too small.

Edit: and yes OP, getting a box of plants in the mail is, to me, the closest thing I feel as an adult to Xmas morning as a child, haha.
By Bob Beer
heywhathuh wrote:Yep, I've gotten a few plants from CC and always been happy. Sometimes they take a little while to acclimate (I imagine his are kept in much different conditions from mine) but they always bounce back to something very healthy, and I've never gotten one I thought was too small.

Edit: and yes OP, getting a box of plants in the mail is, to me, the closest thing I feel as an adult to Xmas morning as a child, haha.
Yes I know for example that he keeps his plants lit 24/7 and uses fairly low color temperatures. I imagine it helps the plants mature and each a saleable size quickly. The only downside to that it seems to confuse them for a while with their winter phase. When I’ve gotten plants in early spring (March), they are in full summer growth, and then they immediately go into winter mode. Normally that is a gradual switch, and I suspect I lost one plant because it was unable to form a sufficient head of winter leaves. It just never resumed summer growth again. Another plant bought at that time, a P. laueana CP3, is only now waking up. But I’m sure it will adjust eventually. Many moranensis varieties are late anyway, and I’m told that that particular laueana may actually be a laueana x moranensis hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!