FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By sPacer
Hello all, I just finished setting up a shop section of my FB page, Man Eating Plants. I have listed ten different live plants that can be purchased with a click, and will add more listings featuring the exact plant in the photos for sale, as well as general items such as our starter plug cells that are really selling nicely. I also have seed packets and stolon root which is incredibly viable and productive. If more people understood the power of stolon root, it would be a top seller. I also have listed some top quality potting mix components in as practical of a way that I could figure out. Mix material like different sands and gravel is heavy, so using flat rate boxes seems the best way to go. And you can buy small amounts of the components, not everybody needs a 25 pound bag of silica sand or coarse gravel laying around. You can get any combination of materials that you want, it is explained in the listing; there are also some *great* recipes for CP mixes for different species, which I got from Nancy Martens, and have published with her blessings. My own proprietary Cobra Lily recipe, "Monster Mix" is also available there.

The page has been up for around 3 or 4 years and has gained 850 followers by word of mouth. There is a Lot of good information and advice. I don't waste time selling 'soft' plants, they are incredibly hardy and perform very nicely even well outside of their boundaries that are suggested in common literature regarding Cobra Lily cultivation. My stock is the result of 20 years of building up and maintaining a colony of Cobra Lilies that started off including both mountain and coastal varieties. They have undoubtedly been crossed and back-crossed time and time again, and the resulting plants this far in to the process are the survivors of the fittest and have been put through extremes. So many growers will say that they had failed with Cobras in the past, but have been able to grow my plants alongside Sarracenia and VFT. They are acclimated to full Oregon sun from dawn to dusk, no shade at-all, unless otherwise noted. I do keep some bins in more shaded areas as the plants gain more color in the shade. The full sun plants, especially, are very thick walled and *well* established, and have never been babied one bit. They brave the elements and shrug off 90 days in a row of temps in high 90s and into the 100s. They do fine with city water, too.
Please visit my page to read more about them-

www.facebook.com/MEPNW

And if you have any questions please PM me through the contact link on the page, I will reply ASAP, and usually give very thorough answers.
Thank you for your time, and FTC for providing a forum to post in.

Best Regards, Phil W Golding - Creative Director, Man-Eating-Plants (A Division of All A Dream INC)
sPacer, sPacer, sPacer liked this
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!