cheapest way to increase diversity

Talk about anything you want in this forum.
User Avatar
saltyop

 
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:57 pm
Thanked: 37 times in 34 posts

cheapest way to increase diversity

by saltyop » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:21 am

heyo guys, ill get straight to it
its gonna be my birthday soon and I am planning to make flytraps more than a hobby. having alot of free time I can devote myself to my traps. I got 50 bucks as a birthday gift and I want to increase my diversity for flytraps, the only plants right now i am confident with. perhaps there is a store that sells random cultivars for bulk or maybe a fellow forum member that has a surplus of plants they would take money for? Im thinking of something like a mystery box
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/venus- ... ystery-box
but alas it is out of stock. if there is a seller that might be interested in something like this please help me out. I like to update my plants I receive so thats something to look forward to as well :D
{example} seedlings-of-texas-t36730.html
thanks for considering :)
EDIT: wrong link, im looking for flytraps only
Last edited by saltyop on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

The following users would like to thank saltyop for this post
Fly Trap Hunter

User Avatar
Fieldofscreams

 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:14 pm
Thanked: 228 times in 211 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by Fieldofscreams » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:44 am

I want to order from FTC also but almost nothing is in stock.

I had to order from Joel's carnivorous plants on Amazon and I don't regret it at all. I didn't have any other choice but he does have some beautiful plants for an amazing price. Can't go wrong.

I want to order my next plants from FTC, so I'm waiting patiently.
Mistakes were made

The following users would like to thank Fieldofscreams for this post
saltyop

User Avatar
riveraXVX

 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:29 am
Thanked: 247 times in 209 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by riveraXVX » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:47 am

FTS has a ton of different plants in stock, I'm not meaning to knock Joel we have a couple nice plants from him but he has two cultivars.

FTS has 30+ cultivars available currently.

direct link to what is in stock:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/whats-in-stock

The following users would like to thank riveraXVX for this post
saltyop

User Avatar
Orit

 
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:36 am
Thanked: 70 times in 62 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by Orit » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:49 am

i kept checking the mystery box compulsively until one finally popped up and i could not recommended it more. i still check often for another one. don't rely on the email that it's in stock. it seems like they never have certain items, but they do come up. they just sell out quickly. good luck!

The following users would like to thank Orit for this post
saltyop

User Avatar
Fly Trap Hunter

 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:56 am
Location: Southeastern North Carolina, United States
Thanked: 147 times in 100 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by Fly Trap Hunter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:37 am

Orit wrote:i kept checking the mystery box compulsively until one finally popped up and i could not recommended it more. i still check often for another one. don't rely on the email that it's in stock. it seems like they never have certain items, but they do come up. they just sell out quickly. good luck!


what was in the mystery box?

The following users would like to thank Fly Trap Hunter for this post
saltyop

User Avatar
Fly Trap Hunter

 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:56 am
Location: Southeastern North Carolina, United States
Thanked: 147 times in 100 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by Fly Trap Hunter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:38 am

saltyop wrote:heyo guys, ill get straight to it
its gonna be my birthday soon and I am planning to make flytraps more than a hobby. having alot of free time I can devote myself to my traps. I got 50 bucks as a birthday gift and I want to increase my diversity for flytraps, the only plants right now i am confident with. perhaps there is a store that sells random cultivars for bulk or maybe a fellow forum member that has a surplus of plants they would take money for? Im thinking of something like a mystery box
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/venus- ... ystery-box
but alas it is out of stock. if there is a seller that might be interested in something like this please help me out. I like to update my plants I receive so thats something to look forward to as well :D
{example} seedlings-of-texas-t36730.html
thanks for considering :)


can you contact Matt or Leah and ask them to make you a package? I bet they'd work out something

The following users would like to thank Fly Trap Hunter for this post
saltyop

User Avatar
saltyop

 
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:57 pm
Thanked: 37 times in 34 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by saltyop » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:44 am

its out of stock for a reason, would be quite the nice surprise if made the exception though :lol:
i'm completely fine with small plants and I have only typicals so the mystery box would be perfect. flytrapcare is the only place that does it so ill get lucky if I find someone willing to do it haha

User Avatar
Sakaaaaa

 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 3:18 pm
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Thanked: 124 times in 105 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by Sakaaaaa » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:51 am

Try drosera. They're super duper easy and capensis is considered a weed in some collections (although not mine :( ) and they grow year round without dormancy. If you want something that can grow beside the vfts, try sarracenia, and temperate drosera (filliformis, intermedia temperate form, etc.)
My plants absorb Carbon Dioxide - And bugs!
Working on a secret site..!
Growlist/Wishlist (Has some common plants!)
Send me seeds of plants you have!! (Nearly) All no-startification seeds are accepted!!

The following users would like to thank Sakaaaaa for this post
saltyop

User Avatar
Orit

 
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:36 am
Thanked: 70 times in 62 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by Orit » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Fly Trap Hunter wrote:
Orit wrote:i kept checking the mystery box compulsively until one finally popped up and i could not recommended it more. i still check often for another one. don't rely on the email that it's in stock. it seems like they never have certain items, but they do come up. they just sell out quickly. good luck!


what was in the mystery box?


alien(!), freaky star, pinnacle, vitiligo, green wizard, and some lovely unnamed large sarracenia. i got a few each of most of the flytraps. should add this was a premium mystery box. alien alone made it worth the price.

The following users would like to thank Orit for this post
Fly Trap Hunter

User Avatar
Fly Trap Hunter

 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:56 am
Location: Southeastern North Carolina, United States
Thanked: 147 times in 100 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by Fly Trap Hunter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:18 pm

Orit wrote:
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:
Orit wrote:i kept checking the mystery box compulsively until one finally popped up and i could not recommended it more. i still check often for another one. don't rely on the email that it's in stock. it seems like they never have certain items, but they do come up. they just sell out quickly. good luck!


what was in the mystery box?


alien(!), freaky star, pinnacle, vitiligo, green wizard, and some lovely unnamed large sarracenia. i got a few each of most of the flytraps. should add this was a premium mystery box. alien alone made it worth the price.


Dang Orit. you are a lucky trapper! :lol:

User Avatar
saltyop

 
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:57 pm
Thanked: 37 times in 34 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by saltyop » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:32 am

damn thats a nice gamble :lol: . its a shame that most of the big growers left rip i think there is a few people that can even do the mystery box in the first place. gotta keep looking i guess

User Avatar
riveraXVX

 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:29 am
Thanked: 247 times in 209 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by riveraXVX » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:30 am

worst thing Matt and Leah could do is say no *shrug*

I sent you a couple links for places I've eyeballed in the past, have you looked into doing tissue culture stuff to increase plants?

The following users would like to thank riveraXVX for this post
saltyop

User Avatar
saltyop

 
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:57 pm
Thanked: 37 times in 34 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by saltyop » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:29 am

I dont have money for tissue culture unfortunately. and youre right imma shoot them a message :D

User Avatar
riveraXVX

 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:29 am
Thanked: 247 times in 209 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by riveraXVX » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:38 am

I hope to take a stab at that sometime next year with the kid. too many projects not enough time nor money!

The following users would like to thank riveraXVX for this post
saltyop

User Avatar
ice2k15

 
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:05 am
Thanked: 10 times in 7 posts

Re: cheapest way to increase diversity

by ice2k15 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:09 pm

predatory plants has alot of stuff in stock

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Next

Return to Chit Chat

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests