FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By saltyop
heyo guys, ill get straight to it
its gonna be my birthday soon and I am planning to make flytraps more than a hobby. having alot of free time I can devote myself to my traps. I got 50 bucks as a birthday gift and I want to increase my diversity for flytraps, the only plants right now i am confident with. perhaps there is a store that sells random cultivars for bulk or maybe a fellow forum member that has a surplus of plants they would take money for? Im thinking of something like a mystery box
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/venus- ... ystery-box
but alas it is out of stock. if there is a seller that might be interested in something like this please help me out. I like to update my plants I receive so thats something to look forward to as well :D
{example} http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/seedl ... 36730.html
thanks for considering :)
EDIT: wrong link, im looking for flytraps only
Last edited by saltyop on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
saltyop liked this
By Fieldofscreams
I want to order from FTC also but almost nothing is in stock.

I had to order from Joel's carnivorous plants on Amazon and I don't regret it at all. I didn't have any other choice but he does have some beautiful plants for an amazing price. Can't go wrong.

I want to order my next plants from FTC, so I'm waiting patiently.
Fieldofscreams liked this
By Orit
i kept checking the mystery box compulsively until one finally popped up and i could not recommended it more. i still check often for another one. don't rely on the email that it's in stock. it seems like they never have certain items, but they do come up. they just sell out quickly. good luck!
Orit liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
Orit wrote:i kept checking the mystery box compulsively until one finally popped up and i could not recommended it more. i still check often for another one. don't rely on the email that it's in stock. it seems like they never have certain items, but they do come up. they just sell out quickly. good luck!
what was in the mystery box?
Fly Trap Hunter liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
saltyop wrote:heyo guys, ill get straight to it
its gonna be my birthday soon and I am planning to make flytraps more than a hobby. having alot of free time I can devote myself to my traps. I got 50 bucks as a birthday gift and I want to increase my diversity for flytraps, the only plants right now i am confident with. perhaps there is a store that sells random cultivars for bulk or maybe a fellow forum member that has a surplus of plants they would take money for? Im thinking of something like a mystery box
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/venus- ... ystery-box
but alas it is out of stock. if there is a seller that might be interested in something like this please help me out. I like to update my plants I receive so thats something to look forward to as well :D
{example} http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/seedl ... 36730.html
thanks for considering :)
can you contact Matt or Leah and ask them to make you a package? I bet they'd work out something
Fly Trap Hunter liked this
By saltyop
its out of stock for a reason, would be quite the nice surprise if made the exception though :lol:
i'm completely fine with small plants and I have only typicals so the mystery box would be perfect. flytrapcare is the only place that does it so ill get lucky if I find someone willing to do it haha
By Sakaaaaa
Try drosera. They're super duper easy and capensis is considered a weed in some collections (although not mine :( ) and they grow year round without dormancy. If you want something that can grow beside the vfts, try sarracenia, and temperate drosera (filliformis, intermedia temperate form, etc.)
Sakaaaaa liked this
By Orit
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:
Orit wrote:i kept checking the mystery box compulsively until one finally popped up and i could not recommended it more. i still check often for another one. don't rely on the email that it's in stock. it seems like they never have certain items, but they do come up. they just sell out quickly. good luck!
alien(!), freaky star, pinnacle, vitiligo, green wizard, and some lovely unnamed large sarracenia. i got a few each of most of the flytraps. should add this was a premium mystery box. alien alone made it worth the price.
Orit liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
Orit wrote:
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:
alien(!), freaky star, pinnacle, vitiligo, green wizard, and some lovely unnamed large sarracenia. i got a few each of most of the flytraps. should add this was a premium mystery box. alien alone made it worth the price.
Dang Orit. you are a lucky trapper! :lol:
By saltyop
damn thats a nice gamble :lol: . its a shame that most of the big growers left rip i think there is a few people that can even do the mystery box in the first place. gotta keep looking i guess
By riveraXVX
worst thing Matt and Leah could do is say no *shrug*

I sent you a couple links for places I've eyeballed in the past, have you looked into doing tissue culture stuff to increase plants?
riveraXVX liked this
What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!