FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Shadowtski
Order received.
Your order number is 0097.
I will PM you shortly with a mailing address for your SASE.
Thank you.

One additional note:
These are class 1 seeds for members with one month active membership.
You're not quite there yet. But we'll compromise.
I'm taking your order and I will ship it on July 29th, your one month anniversary.

Good growing,
Mike
By Shadowtski
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:I see there is a question mark. no worries. Thanks so much.
Order received.
Your order number is 0097.
Here is a mailing address for your SASE:

FTC Seedbank - 0097
c/o Mike Tarnowski
2712 East Allerton Avenue
Saint Francis, WI 53235

Thank you.

One additional note:
These are class 1 seeds for members with one month active membership.
You're not quite there yet. But we'll compromise.
I'm taking your order and I will ship it on July 29th, your one month anniversary.

Good growing,
Mike
By Fly Trap Hunter
The SASE envelope is in the mail, otw to you. Hi Mike. I've been super busy. Time seemed to fly. :? I totally understand and appreciate the generous compromise.
I have some typical seeds otw. If they are all typicals and pollinate each other(and no other strain around), will they be viable seeds for the seed bank? Or are these considered field seeds? I appreciate what you are doing here, and I'm in no rush. 8-) Thanks so much!
By Shadowtski
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:The SASE envelope is in the mail, otw to you. Hi Mike. I've been super busy. Time seemed to fly. :? I totally understand and appreciate the generous compromise.
I have some typical seeds otw. If they are all typicals and pollinate each other(and no other strain around), will they be viable seeds for the seed bank? Or are these considered field seeds? I appreciate what you are doing here, and I'm in no rush. 8-) Thanks so much!
If they are seeds from your cultivated plants, no problem. What I don't want is people collecting seeds from wild populations of CP and sending those in. I prefer to be cautious when it comes to legal/ethical issues.

Good growing,
Mike
Shadowtski, Shadowtski liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
The first is my favorite pic of cp plants right now. Its hard to get good pics of Drosera. These are outside in the wild in NC. Along the coast, where its sandy any windy, sometimes they are covered in sand and its hard to tell what they are. I've never had any luck trying to grow something from the woods. you know we used to have conch shells on the beach but people have literally picked them all up and taken them home. :roll:
drosera in wild in nc
drosera in wild in nc
IMG_5956.JPG (340.78 KiB) Viewed 3664 times
drosera spatula
drosera spatula
IMG_5899 (2).JPG (259.76 KiB) Viewed 3664 times
drosera
drosera
IMG_5960.JPG (454.05 KiB) Viewed 3664 times
By Shadowtski
The first two look like Drosera intermedia. The third looks like D. filiformis and Dionaea. In the second one, top left, it looks like a D. brevifolia or D. capillaris. That corner is kind of dark.

Nice shots. I always enjoy seeing CP in the wild.

Good growing,
Mike
By Fly Trap Hunter
I'm set with my soil but really baffled as to how to scatter the seeds. I have a large tray with about 100 plug size little pots. It'd be no big deal if I just scattered them in a big pot but I read they don't separate or transplant very well, hence, the trays. Maybe I need to get a magnifying glass to see the seeds. :?: :roll: :oops: amazingly tiny seeds
By Shadowtski
If you're steady enough, a moist needle point and a magnifying glass of ten power or more will let you pick up individual seeds to place in plugs.

Me, I dump half the seed packet into the middle of a community pot. I save the other half in case of horticuktural disaster. I let the seeds fight it out and I transplant the winners in 6 months or so. My eyes are almost as bad as my fine motor skills.

Good growing,
Mike
By Fly Trap Hunter
germination
germination
IMG_6954.JPG (356.42 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
maybe germination
maybe germination
IMG_6950.JPG (429.18 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
I don't know. There are tiny green sprouts coming up in the bottom center tray. right side bottom of tray. They look like they have a round tip. there is mossy looking growth or debris also.

I think my camera is designed to not focus, no matter what. :roll:
Drosera germination time

There are many factors that influence them, and th[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!