FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Rosekitten
I have four trays of live sphagnum moss I ordered little under a year ago now. One tray was doing amazing (granted I think I was made a fool of as the moss I ordered was various colors in the mix back when I first placed the order. That or the green vastly took over.). But now I think the chickens scratched through the trays and none of them seem to be doing that great. I have to keep them outside as I thought the indoor area I had them in was allowing mold to grow. Also I thought they would do better with the real sun.

I have some live moss in with my flytraps but that's barley growing as well. Anyone know what I can do for the poor moss? My traps and sundew in the pots are doing great (sundew recovering after something kept digging the poor thing up throughout the spring.. hardly little plant).

The moss pack I bought first started like this, A few more colors in the group though (could have just been off shades of the main three).
http://www.bpzoological.com/images/prod ... pack-1.jpg
By Bob Beer
Some questions: What is not well? Is it yellowing, or? How are you growing it? The sun should be no problem as long as it's not drying out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Rosekitten
I'll get some pictures of my trays tomorrow. They are all around not looking well at all. I can't say it's been cold here yet so I can't blame that. I had one tray nearly fully covered in green growth (though I think that was the tray I had my red moss in) none of that changed color and I assumed it was not getting enough heat or light.. not sure.

As of now nothing seems to really be growing. I water nearly everyday as it's been fairly hot here recently and the trays don't seem to be holding water too well.

I started the trays with just water and moved them to the same mix I grow my traps in. The moss in the trap pot seems to slowly be growing but it's taken nearly the full year just to get some new growth in the pot as well.

None of the plants seem to be yellowing. The green growth was the sign of new growth I had and the rest is more of a dark brown in color.
By riveraXVX
photos may help, I'm trying to grow live sphagnum for the first time currently also and will likely not be able to offer any feedback but can compare to what we have going on at the very least.
By Rosekitten
Sorry for the lack of an update. Ended up with having to try to find a home for a 8 month old pup we had due to her growling at some of the kids in the house. But we found her a good home. Plus three kittens showing up in our yard.. it's been crazy.

I think what happened was the moss got burnt a bit. Some of it seems to be recovering after I relocated the containers to a slightly more shaded area. Plus I combined some of the containers together (where the chickens had scratched at them and two of the containers were pretty thinned out... ). But after combining them and putting them on a elevated area so the chickens are less tempted by them... they seem to be recovering growth a little. Just in time for the frost haha.
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!