FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Huntsmanshorn
a.k.carnivores is a seller from Hawaii on eBay from whom I am considering making a seed purchase. Anybody know if this seller is legit? Are their seeds fresh? Is this the usual "caveat emptor" crap? Thanks!
By KategoricalKarnivore
I have sold seeds to them so I suspect at least some of the seeds are legit.
By nimbulan
Yes they're legit, but some of the stock was produced by other growers. They're trying to turn selling CPs into a full time job right now and have been aggressively propagating plants so I expect much more interesting stock in the future. Keep in mind that a lot of the seeds they sell are not easy to germinate (and if you can do that, the plants aren't exactly easy to grow either.)
By buakawswagyo
I recently purchased 3 different drosera species and Byblis Liniflora from this retailer
They were very timely with the shipping no problems
Theyve been sown for 6 days
Will update when/if my seeds germinate!
By miacps
Did you get any germination, buakawswagyo? I purchased six types from this seller last September, they arrived in a standard envelope and you could see that some of the seeds had become crushed from a lack of padding. The seller replaced one of the packets which I described as damaged the worst. All in all I ended up with 0% germination, even from the replacement. They claim the seeds can take up to a year to germinate and stand by their no refunds policy so good luck, might want to save your money.
By riveraXVX
they post in a lot of the carnivorous groups on facebook also (the person that does it) I see them selling plants and seeds regularly there, and seem to be a decent enough person when it comes to their plants and I don't see people ripping them apart left and right or anything.

don't have any plants or seeds from him though so can't judge firsthand. I've liked my personal interactions with him though
By Shadowtski
I think they're very active on Facebook. Keani K Plunkett is the owner, I believe.

Do a little searching there. See if there are a lot of negative or positive comments.

I have not dealt with them so I have no personal knowledge or opinion of the business.

Good growing,
Mike
By riveraXVX
Shadowtski wrote:I think they're very active on Facebook. Keani K Plunkett is the owner, I believe.

Do a little searching there. See if there are a lot of negative or positive comments.

I have not dealt with them so I have no personal knowledge or opinion of the business.

Good growing,
Mike
the gentleman that runs it is named Steven Jones -- he is very active on the fb groups though!
By riveraXVX
nimbulan wrote:It's both of them. What species did you order miacps?
hah! well there we go! we were both correct!
By KategoricalKarnivore
Steven and Keani are great. I deal with them all the time. We trade plants and seeds.
By tannerm
They’re very legit, I can vouch. Got my Dewy Pine seeds to germinate from them. Super friendly and helpful too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By nimbulan
Yeah I agree they're great people. I ask which species you ordered because some of the seeds they sell are notoriously difficult to germinate. I know they've successfully germinated a lot of those (if not all of them) themselves.
By evenwind
I like them, too. Got a D. affinis and a bunch of seeds from them. The plant is healthy and the seeds are germinating in great numbers.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!