FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By samlikesplants
I have an outdoor sarracenia/sundew bog and I'm going to fill all the cracks in it with bladderworts. Just curious, what are the most attractive temperate bladderworts you guys know of? Thanks in advance.
By nimbulan
I don't believe there are any true temperate terrestrial bladderworts - all species are aquatic. There are a few species that may survive out there though. I've heard of success with U. dichotoma but it's by no means guaranteed.
By samlikesplants
Well I've had bladderworts growing like weeds in sarracenia and flytrap pots before, I assumed some were adapted to live in these conditions. Interesting point though.
By Huntsmanshorn
The only temperate bladderwort I have any personal experience growing is U. cornuta. It has lovely yellow flowers and will defiantly grow in a bog environment.
By nuck
nimbulan wrote:I don't believe there are any true temperate terrestrial bladderworts - all species are aquatic. There are a few species that may survive out there though. I've heard of success with U. dichotoma but it's by no means guaranteed.
Do you mean that all temperate species are aquatic or that all species are aquatic? Utriclicara are sold as terrestrial, epiphytic, and free floating. The free floating ones being fully aquatic.
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!