FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Fly Trap Hunter
just when I thought things would dry up we have a storm out front that's coming to shore. wind gusts to 55mph plus. Flooding wind. better get my seedlings inside. :(

I'm in surf city NC on Topsail island, a little north of Wilmington, NC
By KategoricalKarnivore
Be careful out there. I'm sitting here in the middle of Harvey. Been raining since Friday. It's flooded everywhere around me.
By Fly Trap Hunter
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Be careful out there. I'm sitting here in the middle of Harvey. Been raining since Friday. It's flooded everywhere around me.
Man I'm so sorry Kate lol(catie kouric right) man that's crazy what's going on down there. I hope you are safe. I hope you have food and power for Ac. FRESH WATER! I have been threw a bunch of hurricanes. It can be very scary but I enjoy the power of the storm. What yall are dealing with is heart breaking. :cry:
DesireeCoffey wrote:Stay safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk
thank you. its probably just a lot of wind, but things can change.
Fly Trap Hunter liked this
By KategoricalKarnivore
Haha there is that Kate again. It's actually Dustin but don't worry lots of people think I'm Kate. Lol. I've been through quite a few hurricanes as well. Ever heard of Katrina, Rita, Ike? I rode out all of those. It's all good. We know how to prepare around here. It comes with experience. We have food, water, and power. As long as all the alligators that escaped the gator farm don't come and hang out in my pond, I mean my yard lol, we should be ok.
By Fly Trap Hunter
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Haha there is that Kate again. It's actually Dustin but don't worry lots of people think I'm Kate. Lol. I've been through quite a few hurricanes as well. Ever heard of Katrina, Rita, Ike? I rode out all of those. It's all good. We know how to prepare around here. It comes with experience. We have food, water, and power. As long as all the alligators that escaped the gator farm don't come and hang out in my pond, I mean my yard lol, we should be ok.
man great. yeah I figured a while back you were a dude. Hi Dustin. Tom here. I doubt we have anything to worry about but you know gotta be prepared. Glad to know you are in good shape. yea. I live on an island. sharks on 1 side, alligators on the other. lol
Fly Trap Hunter liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
twitterglitter wrote:I'm glad to hear both of you are okay. From the weather reports here, both of your storms are going to meet roughly in my part of the country. Stay safe, guys!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
I saw that the storms would meet. was wondering if it would make a bigger storm. you stay safe.
Dustin has it much much worse than me. we are getting a lil wind and rain. Texas got devastated.

help texas victims
By twitterglitter
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:
twitterglitter wrote:I'm glad to hear both of you are okay. From the weather reports here, both of your storms are going to meet roughly in my part of the country. Stay safe, guys!

I saw that the storms would meet. was wondering if it would make a bigger storm. you stay safe.
Dustin has it much much worse than me. we are getting a lil wind and rain. Texas got devastated.

help texas victims
My daughter is in Dallas right now. I am so thankful she's not in the middle of it. My heart goes out to everyone caught up in this.

I'm glad to hear you doing well.

twitterglitter liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
http://www.surfchex.com/index.php

we are just getting big waves now. storm is mostly over. Wilmington/ Wrightsville Beach is getting nice waves today. the weather channel is blowing us up with alerts but its really over. a lot of that water from Harvey is probably coming here. but like you say, we are used to it.

Let us know how you are?

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!