FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Benurmanii
I'm happy you're interested in cold temperates, but unfortunately, ping seeds just aren't really produced in the first place since they usually need a genetically different individual to cross with, and people in the US don't really like cold temperates so there isn't really a good source for seeds out there.

I do grow lusitanica but currently don't have any seeds, I may have some more in about two months though, or perhaps sooner, once things start cooling down outside (I have some lusitanica outdoors but if too hot, they don't seem to develop seeds). I should mention that lusitanica is not cold temperate and is an annual, unlike P. vulgaris, which forms a hibernacula to survive winter and is perennial.
By heywhathuh
Thanks for the info, and yes, please keep me in mind if you end up with extra lusitanica seeds for sale!

Until then, I suppose I'll try to keep an eye out for European sellers on Ebay or something. It's a shame that cold temperate Pings are rare in the US, but nut surprising considering even Mexican Pings are fairly niche sadly.

For $7 I'd have to pick one of those up myself!

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!