FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By davidbondy17
I recently got this small Nepenthes Clipeata off a group order. For those who don't know, this is considered to be one of the rarest Nepenthes species in the world, and there are only an estimated 300 left in the wild. This species may go extinct in the next couple of years. It is an ultralowlander, which means it prefers constant hot and humid conditions. I am willing to sell, or trade this plant. I'm looking for ultrahighland species such as Villosa, Aristolochioides, Argentii, and Macrophylla. I'm also keeping an eye out for larger Heliamphora specimens. PM me if you want to add this extremely rare species of tropical pitcher plant into your collection. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By hollyhock
In my opinion there is something going on with the plant. I may be wrong but I noticed that the center of the plant is very brown and spreading upwards. I don't see a healthy growth point. And I don't think it will survive shipping right now. If the seller just got it recently it may still be in shipping shock from overseas. Again my opinion. I grow this species too and that plant is just not in the best condition..
Here's mine.. not the best picture but if you look at the difference you will see. These plants are about the same size.
Attachments:
received_10210462246736984.jpeg
received_10210462246736984.jpeg (81.15 KiB) Viewed 3506 times
By mballard3513
hollyhock wrote:In my opinion there is something going on with the plant. I may be wrong but I noticed that the center of the plant is very brown and spreading upwards. I don't see a healthy growth point. And I don't think it will survive shipping right now. If the seller just got it recently it may still be in shipping shock from overseas. Again my opinion. I grow this species too and that plant is just not in the best condition..
Here's mine.. not the best picture but if you look at the difference you will see. These plants are about the same size.
I definitely see what you mean, I was thinking it was just red from light on the stems as I've seen in others but it does go up into the leaves. Hopefully it's okay, I'm the one that bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!