FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Cougar
Took some snaps just now and the photos came out nicely, using my old mobile(cell) phone.

These 3 shots are from the same plant, being the one with the largest heads, pretty colours on them =]

These 4 are over shots of all my plants, I figure they are going dormant, or dying, lol.

And finally.... The plant that was flowering a few months back is flowering again

Left arrow is where old flower stalk was growing
Right arrow is new.

All plants are under the same conditions, they have been outside for a solid 2-3 months and yet this is the only plant that wasnts to flower... Ideas?
By JimsPlants
Cougar wrote:All plants are under the same conditions, they have been outside for a solid 2-3 months and yet this is the only plant that wasnts to flower... Ideas?
It may not be mature enough yet..nice plants though
By Matt
Great photos Cougar! Your plants look very, very healthy. Nice growing!
Cougar wrote:All plants are under the same conditions, they have been outside for a solid 2-3 months and yet this is the only plant that wasnts to flower... Ideas?
I've had a plant send up a flower stalk in October before too. Other people on CPUK have seen this happen as well:
http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.ph ... opic=34083
I guess it's not uncommon, but it doesn't happen all that often.
By archimago
All plants are under the same conditions, they have been outside for a solid 2-3 months and yet this is the only plant that wasnts to flower... Ideas?
I had a plant send up a stalk while sitting in my vegetable drawer last February. My best guess is that being plants, they don't have the ability to read these forums, so they don't know what they're supposed to be doing.
By grant
my Dentate that I bought from Steve is about to put up a flower stalk. and my cape sundew is also about to put up a flower stalk.
By Matt
archimago wrote:I had a plant send up a stalk while sitting in my vegetable drawer last February. My best guess is that being plants, they don't have the ability to read these forums, so they don't know what they're supposed to be doing.
February isn't that unusual of a time for a plant to send up a stalk. But if it's in the veggie drawer, that's quite peculiar!
Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Expanding the Garden

It was a bunch of pepper plants mainly, along with[…]

What’s happening

It looks to be planted too deep. You want the rhiz[…]

Thank you for the seeds and the little gift Cant w[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!