FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Artchic528
Today when I checked on my sown seeds (which were sown on 7/31 of this year), I saw some tiny little white spots against the dark seeds and peat moss. I took a picture of one of the seeds to see the spots up close and it looks to me like either the beginnings of a rhizome and root system poking out of the seed shell. It also looks like a white fungus, but I am leaning toward the former as roots/rhizomes can be quite fuzzy when they first pop out.

Have I reached successful germination?
Quite possibly the first signs of germination?
Quite possibly the first signs of germination?
VFT Seed.jpg (99.24 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
By thatonechick371
Could be. Looks like roots, perhaps, but it's only been 8 days. The soonest I've seen signs of germination on VFTs is 13 days. Keep an eye on it :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By phil1984
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Looks like mold to me. You should see green or red first. Check this out.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXHeggQ_Ew
Hi, I've watched this a few times, to see what seeds I'm germinating. And mine are going green like alge round every seed, but splitting side ways. So I'm thinking that there dragon fruit, and so do other people on here, lol. But there very slow so not sure?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
By Zach7286
Hey! I'm wondering if anyone (maybe Artchic528) can let me know what the final outcome was on this question? I'm actually noticing pretty much the exact same thing with one of the seeds that I planted not very long ago, on 3/5. Did it end up being a fungus? It's even oriented in the same manner I think: some kind of white growth adjacent to the seed's pointed end.
By Artchic528
Zach7286 wrote:Hey! I'm wondering if anyone (maybe Artchic528) can let me know what the final outcome was on this question? I'm actually noticing pretty much the exact same thing with one of the seeds that I planted not very long ago, on 3/5. Did it end up being a fungus? It's even oriented in the same manner I think: some kind of white growth adjacent to the seed's pointed end.
The seeds never germenated. I'm pretty sure they molded due to it being my first attempt at growing flytrap seeds and not knowing exactly what to do.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

By Zach7286
Ah I see. thank you for the info! I've been spraying neem oil hoping for the best!

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!