FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Artchic528
In case you haven't been following my plant drama, I had a plant that was darkening around the petioles and traps and posted about it on here. I was told it looked like mineral burn. I decided to flush my plant with 49ppm water and measure the water when it came out of the drainage holes to see if there was a problem mineral wise. There was as the water was 72ppm. I know this is far too high, so how do I reverse it? just flush the plant with pure water until the drain off reads below 50ppm?
By Hungry Plants
I would get some distilled water. It should be lower than 49ppm. flush it well. If the rhizome is till good it should come back over time.
By cjpflaumer
Distilled will be 0 ppm and should flush the minerals out fairly quickly. If you tray water, flush the pot at least monthly if not more.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
By Smooter80
It's fine to flush with your 49 TDS water. You'll just won't be able to get the readings lower than that. Your TDS readings may actually go up for the first few times before they start dropping. A reading of 72 isn't all that bad but it really depends on what minirals they are.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!