FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By PetroleumJunkie412
Hey all, more Nepenthes up for sale!

Ok, so I took a chance a wholesale deal, and lost.

I need the grow space much more than I need these guys. They were sold to me as 4-5" plants. Definitely should have read the fine print, as they meant 4-5" TALL, and not 4-5" wide. These guys came in with about 20% living leaves, and 80% dead. I chopped all the dead off, cut the fabric out of their gnarled root systems the best I could, and got them restarted in Nepenthes media mix to see who would survive. Surprisingly, most of them did.

These plants are not pretty. They are ugly. BUT, they are covered in basal shoots, and most are now pushing a few up from the roots, as they are 3-4 years old.

So, I'm selling these off as the N. x "UHoH" (Ugly Highland or Hybrid). These are a mixed bag of species or hybrids, as I know they are randomly Alata, Ventricosa, Sanguinea, or 'other,' and have no real way of telling what they are. Want an opportunity to perfect your method for taking cuttings? Now is your chance! Want to torture test a couple of plants? Boom, opportunity. Want to give them all the love and care that you think they deserve? Awesome, they can use even more TLC. Keep in mind, these are a 'fire sale' item, and are being sold off as a 'please get these out of my grow space' plant. :)

Price is $4/per pot, plus shipping. Shipping is $6.45 for bare-root (I wouldn't recommend it... they have been through enough already) or $12.40 potted. I currently have 12 pots up for sale. Might have a few more as I sort through them. I included a few photos showing the good, bad, and ugly bits.

Please note, there are a couple N. Alatas and P. Giganteas in the photo. Those aren't included, unless you're looking for say, a P. Gigantea or N. Alata. Then we can work something out :lol:

Oh, and as always, please contact me through email to purchase. steelcitycarnivores@gmail.com

Thanks all!

DSC_0346.jpg
DSC_0346.jpg (79.01 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
DSC_0351.jpg
DSC_0351.jpg (72.77 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
DSC_0347.jpg
DSC_0347.jpg (60.74 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
Last edited by PetroleumJunkie412 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PetroleumJunkie412
thatonechick371 wrote:Combine shipping?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Absolutely! I can fit two in a medium flat rate ($12.40), or 4 in a large ($17.05).
By PetroleumJunkie412
Branmuffin wrote:Awesome deal for anyone looking to give Neps a try!

"Psst, hey kid, wanna try some nepenthes?" lol
PetroleumJunkie412 liked this
My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!