FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Sakaaaaa
So there's going to be this plant rack in my room but for some reason the guy refuses to make a place for the lights so the plants will have to do in very low light. What can I grow? Some utrics maybe?

Maybe I can put an LED strip (ya know, LEDs for plants) will that work?
By Sakaaaaa
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:Nepenthes ampullaria likes shade. The Queensland droseras will do OK in lower light levels, and you could possibly grow/put dormant plants there
1. Oh, never knew. I'll put some small babies/cuttings there.
2. Alright I will get Drosera Adelae babies
3. Ooh I like this idea.
By nimbulan
There are limits to have low of light levels the Queensland sundews can handle. What I would consider low light (a north window here in the northern hemisphere) is definitely not enough for D. adelae.

I personally think U. calycifida would be a better bet though both this and the sundews will prefer mild temperatures.
nimbulan liked this
By Bob Beer
Can you sent a photo of the situation? There must be some way to work some lights into the space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Sakaaaaa
Bob Beer wrote:Can you sent a photo of the situation? There must be some way to work some lights into the space.

It's just 2 horizontal wooden racks, one of them 15×80cm and the other one 15x60cm

I'll post a pic later of how bright my room gets when the sun's shining.
By Bob Beer
I guess what I'm trying to understand is the part about "the guy refusing to make room for lights." What's in the way of lights?

By Sakaaaaa
Bob Beer wrote:I guess what I'm trying to understand is the part about "the guy refusing to make room for lights." What's in the way of lights?

So there is supposed to be a box for the flourescent lights, but for a reason I don't know the guy does not want to make the lightbox.
By Bob Beer
Sakaaaaa wrote:
Bob Beer wrote:I guess what I'm trying to understand is the part about "the guy refusing to make room for lights." What's in the way of lights?

So there is supposed to be a box for the flourescent lights, but for a reason I don't know the guy does not want to make the lightbox.
Gotcha. It would certainly be worth your while to invest in an appropriately-sized T5 unit and find a way to mount it. It would increase your options many times over.

By Sakaaaaa
Bob Beer wrote:
Gotcha. It would certainly be worth your while to invest in an appropriately-sized T5 unit and find a way to mount it. It would increase your options many times over.

I can get some LED "Purple Haze" lights, but there is no place to put it, no sockets or anything. Does there exist a light socket that can be plugged into a normal socket?
By Bob Beer
You don't have an electric socket in the room?

By Sakaaaaa
Bob Beer wrote:You don't have an electric socket in the room?

I have 1. Just 1
By Bob Beer
Sakaaaaa wrote:
Bob Beer wrote:You don't have an electric socket in the room?

I have 1. Just 1
:-)

By Sakaaaaa
I'm sorry but I dunno how thats going to help with lightbulbs. Also I can only order from inside my own country (Indonesia). Besides, there are still probably some plants I can grow without lights, just plain old sunlight. Yes, it's probably utrics but hey, maybe enough sun is available and I can grow D. Adelae. I will post a pic of my room, no lights on, at noon.

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!