FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Multiverse172
Heya! I am trying to propagate my Venus FlyTrap by leaf pullings. I am new to this so I have questions I hope you guys can answer.

First off, Do the leaf pullings need direct sunlight or can they do good in brightly lit shade, or under a grow light. Another good question i have is if the leaf pullings need to be in high humidity, i have them in plastic containers at the moment with a lid on top for humidity, but im not sure if the pullings really need it.

Thanks for your time! I really appreciate it.
By Branmuffin
propagating is very fun and rewarding once you have success. A leaf pulling needs a good source of light, I would suggest a grow light so you can control conditions easier. It doesn't need high humidity but you will have much higher success rate and it will root quicker with increased humidity. I grow all my pullings and flower talks in pure sphagnum at 100% humidity, very high success rate, but understand it will take 4-8 weeks to see any growth, sometimes longer.
Branmuffin liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!