FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By 1 Novice gardener
Hi Guys!!

So I want to make a Highland grow chamber, any ideas? I'll spend around $150. So any good setup ideas would be appreciated!
The chamber will be for Highland seeds and nepenthes and possibly healiamphoras. I can spend more if you guys insist!

Regards
Vibhuti Shyam
By Sakaaaaa
My idea for a highland chamber is an aquarium with lots of fans, maybe around 4 fans on the sides and some racks too.
By cjpflaumer
I am current using a terrarium that is either 20 or 30 gallon I can't remember. I placed it on its side so it's easier to get in and out. I then use a glass shelf as a door. I have a 6 inch fan inside on low at night with an ultrasonic humidifier on. During the day I use a different type of cool humidifier that uses a filter and is essentially a small swamp cooler. That keeps the humidity around 70 and keeps the temps below 80. I believe you could get all of that for around $150

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
By 1 Novice gardener
Hi cjpflaumer!!

Can you show me a photo of your terrarium? What if I use a misting/fogging system during the night for cool nights? And a cool mist humidifier for cool temperatures and high humidity during the day?

Regards
Vibhuti Shyam
By cjpflaumer
1 Novice gardener wrote:Hi cjpflaumer!!

Can you show me a photo of your terrarium? What if I use a misting/fogging system during the night for cool nights? And a cool mist humidifier for cool temperatures and high humidity during the day?

Regards
Vibhuti Shyam
Yes no problem. I will take a picture tomorrow morning so the lights will be on.

By cjpflaumer
It's not pretty but very functional.

First picture is how it is for daytime set up. So the fan inside and the humidifier inside are off. The humidifier on the outside is on. At night I throw some ice packs in there, turn on the ultrasonic humidifier and the fan and shut the glass all the way.

It's got a tray of sphagnum, a lowii, a curtisii and a heli nutans giant. ImageImage

Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!