FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By tannerm
Just got it popped (cupped) up in a novelty GoT dragon claw cup. It's cool because it's clear, if it ever develops traps big enough to see, I'll be on it... if not, whatever, I'll move longifolia to it. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tannerm, tannerm, tannerm liked this
By Sakaaaaa
Looks cool! I put my calycifida in a clear container too, and I can now see tiny little traps! I have a mason jar and a little cup prepared but I don't have enough sphagnum and utrics!
By tannerm
Sakaaaaa wrote:Looks cool! I put my calycifida in a clear container too, and I can now see tiny little traps! I have a mason jar and a little cup prepared but I don't have enough sphagnum and utrics!
Sounds awesome! Post a pic? Calycifidia has larger traps though, right? I doubt I'll be able to see sandersonii traps. I also have a clear skull cup I potted with long[..]

By Sakaaaaa
tannerm wrote:
Sounds awesome! Post a pic? Calycifidia has larger traps though, right? I doubt I'll be able to see sandersonii traps. I also have a clear skull cup I potted with long[ifolia]

Not flowering yet, still in the "Filling" stage
Traps in black
By tannerm
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:You can definitely see them, although they are kinda tiny. It'll eventually fill up the cup and look like thisImage

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
That looks great! I don't think mine will get that full though, I may have used too much media. How come the bottom jar isn't flowering? Also that's so cool that you can see them without using a loop/magnifying glass or anything!

tannerm liked this
By Wikiwakawakawee
Well I guess they're still trying to fill up the jar. I barely spotted the first flower stalk so it shouldn't be long till it's full of flowers!

I'm sure it'll fill up, I just stuffed the mug with cut up sphagnum moss and placed some of the Utricularia on top.

It seems to make the most traps on the stolons that are growing along side the glass. The stolons that are growing straight up in the middle of the jar don't have any traps, just keep making more leaves.

By Wikiwakawakawee
Here it is next to my pinky to give you a better idea of how big they actually are.Image

By nate7891
That is pretty cool. I threw my ultricularia in an extra bowl but I may need to do something like that when it's time to divide them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
By tannerm
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:Here it is next to my pinky to give you a better idea of how big they actually are.Image

awesome, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Fishman
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:You can definitely see them, although they are kinda tiny. It'll eventually fill up the cup and look like thisImage ImageImageImage

I love the first pic, that looks great
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!