FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By Rammplins
I found a seller on ebay named cox_nature. looks legit, but im always weary of buying plants form ebay, and even more so from overseas (he is located in Italy). He seems to have all the right info and its put together very well, and he has a multitude of live sphagnum species to choose from, including the new Zealand variety. Just wondering if anyone here has ordered from him before, or know another place that sells live new Zealand moss?
By deleted user
I never worry buying from eBay, if anything is wrong the seller must refund and if they don't eBay will.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
By Smooter80
Live Spagnum is a plant so you would need a Phytosanitary to import. You can revive your own moss if you're patient. Dry NZLFSM is a great media, however you need a massive area to supply yourself with enough to dry and use. There are some really good sellers on eBay or etsy for live Sphagnum. You might want to check out the red, orange and green combo. It's pretty cool.
By Rammplins
dam, Yeah I figured there would be some type of certificate or something. I have one teeny tiny sprig popping up from my flytrap pot, so hopefully it takes. I just wanted to have enough to really start growing it for personal use, space isn't a big problem. I was looking at that exact bag you were talking about though, I want to get it, but I messaged the seller and he still hasn't gotten back to me. I wanted to know if the species in the bag will be labeled or not.
By Rammplins
From where? Black panther or the triple color pack

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
By Smooter80
Rammplins wrote:From where? Black panther or the triple color pack

The triple pack. To me it wasn't important to know the species. All of the different Sphagnums I have take a long time to grow a thick carpet. Buy a lot and set up several trays/tubs.
By Rammplins
Gotcha, for me im just a little neurotic about my plants having the correct lablels

Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!