FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Hungry Plants
Hello all. I've had some U. Fulva for about three months now and the tip of the leaves look like they are drying out and turning brown . Should this species be in a terrarium of some sort?
By nimbulan
U. fulva often grows submerged in an inch or two of water. At the very least it likes being frequently flooded.
By Hungry Plants
Thanks. How much light should I give it?
By Fishkeeper
Bladderworts are very difficult to overwater. They like to be in containers with no drainage holes, and they're about the only carnivorous plant I'd recommend for one of those little globe terrarium things.
Fishkeeper liked this
By Benurmanii
Fishkeeper wrote:Bladderworts are very difficult to overwater. They like to be in containers with no drainage holes, and they're about the only carnivorous plant I'd recommend for one of those little globe terrarium things.
There are some exceptions, such as some of those from the orchidioides section, and there are some terrstrials that don't like constantly sitting in lots of water.
By Hungry Plants
I repotted it today in a tall cylinder vase. I put some peat at the bottom just to take up some room and then packed some chopped LFS around it.Now I can get the water over the leaves.

And how do I kill off this moss that's trying to take ove. I keep pulling it out but it keeps coming back :evil:

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!