FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Shelilla
I live in Canada, but the last few times I posted in the wants forum for other regions (I really don't get why there isn't a Canada sales forum) I got very few replies (although the ones I did get were great)

I hope this isn't violating any rules, but it is just about the same to send seeds from the US to Canada as it is to within the US.
But if I am, then I can delete the post or whatever~

Anyways,
In my new seed setup ( http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/new-s ... 35013.html ) I have 5 open pots/spaces to be filled! I'm looking for either seeds or baby plants (but at a tiny size I doubt they can be easily shipped anyways, but eh I can hope) of either Drosera or Nepenthes (especially looking for big/unique Nepenthes since I only have one batch of seeds growing for it)
I don't mind paying but I prefer not to go over $15 for a set of seeds since the setup in the first place cost a lot. I would love to send a SASE if anyone's willing.

What I currently have growing and don't want/need more seeds of are Drosera Capensis, Nepenthes X Ventrata, and Dioneae (since I have one plant already and 50 seeds growing).

I would love to get any Drosera off my wishlist: http://ocps.proboards.com/thread/8808/cp-wishlist
Or any Nepenthes that have big pitchers, or unique ones (like dark/black pitchers, or spotted ones, and I especially love Fanged Pitchers; they look wicked :3)[br]I'm no expert grower so I probably won't do too well with hard-to-grow seeds, but right now I have a really nice setup, so I think I can safely say I can grow intermediate plants with it.
I'm looking forward to any responses I get, thank you!

Also, I live in Calgary Alberta.
By Shadowtski
One thought is buy some from a RELIABLE eBay seller like Petar Kostov. He sells Drosera (and Drosophyllum) seeds reasonably priced. Search for Drosophyllum and Drosera regia seeds on eBay and his name will come up. I think a few FTC Forum members might sell there also.

Second is, join the ICPS, International Carnivorous Plant Society. $30 a year, but you get access to their seedbank, which ships internationally. (Except for a few CITES species)

Third is search on Facebook for Canadian CP suppliers. I know there's one guy, Rick Friesen (sp?) who sells there.

Fourth, put out a call to Forum members, offer to send an SASE or reimburse for postage and a reasonable cost. As you participate in forums, members will see that you're serious about CP and make an exception to their US only habits.

Above all, be patient, take good care of what you're already growing, don't over-extend. (I just wish I could follow my own advice. I want it all and I want it now! :) )

Sorry for sounding preachy. I'm getting down and stepping away from my soap-box.

Good growing,
Mike
Shadowtski liked this
By erikHIplants
Agree with Shadowtski above. Rick Friesen is commonly selling cp seeds on the forums. They are rather cheap too :)

Falconeri seeds will be almost impossible to come by (I have yet to find any) because you need two genetically diverse parent plants to flower at the same time to obtain seed.
erikHIplants liked this
By nimbulan
Rick Friesen sells a lot of unviable/expired seed and steals pictures from other community members for his listings. He's been banned from eBay and the trade groups on Facebook for these practices.

I would also stay away from the Canadian website Rare Exotics Seeds as well.

As for good sources...I will second Petar Kostov. He doesn't have a large selection but he's a master grower. There is also a Canadian CP forum where you'd likely have more luck obtaining seeds from other growers.
nimbulan, nimbulan liked this
By Bhart90
I've bought regia seeds, all were viable from peter
By Shelilla
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:I have nepenthes seeds from nepenthes (spathulata x spectabilis giant) x ( maxima x vogelii) available very soon
Ooh I'd be very interested !!
By Shelilla
Thanks so much for the advice I'll definitely check it out and thanks again to Shadowtski and nimbulan for frequently replying to my random posts with great advice :D
By jwalker
I use 2 sites I'm shore they will ship to Canada.

Czplants and triffid nurserys both good sellers I've had issues with both but they both fixed them. Cz has the biggest selection of seeds I can find .
jwalker liked this
By nimbulan
CZPlants is a good source, as is Best Carnivorous Plants. I would be wary of CZPlants' Nepenthes seeds though, I've read that they resell seeds from eBay and often store them far too long before doing so, so they're often unviable.

I have some Nepenthes seeds on the way from BCP and will be evaluating their viability over the summer.
nimbulan liked this

I'm planning on converting my current 2'x4' into[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!