FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Shelilla
(Resubmitting here since I realize I probably put it in the wrong category)

If so, does anybody currently have some fresh ones for sale that will deliver internationally?

A while ago I got some different CP seeds from an amazon seller (2 FTs, 3 Sundews, 1 Nep.) that were probably at least a few months old. Since November till now I've only had maybe 4 seedlings sprout? The conditions probably weren't ideal either anyways, so does anyone here know what's worked the best for their seedlings? (Keeping in mind I only have two grow lights, one on a gooseneck lamp)

Thanks!
By Shadowtski
Where are you located and what species are you looking for? I have some Drosera capensis (Typical) seeds so fresh that they're still on the plant. You can have them for free if you send an SASE.

Seeds from most CP (other than Nepenthes) have a shelf life of at least a year. I have germinated Sundew seeds that were in a refrigerator for 17 years.

What are your growing conditions? Clean water under 50ppm, lots of light, and proper growing media are the big 3 for growing CP.

Go to http://www.flytrapcare.com and click on the flytrap growing guides. Sundews have the same requirements, with the only significant difference being that some do not need dormancy.

See how your setup compares to his suggestions. Good luck.

Good growing,
Mike
By Shelilla
Shadowtski wrote:Where are you located and what species are you looking for? I have some Drosera capensis (Typical) seeds so fresh that they're still on the plant. You can have them for free if you send an SASE.

Seeds from most CP (other than Nepenthes) have a shelf life of at least a year. I have germinated Sundew seeds that were in a refrigerator for 17 years.

What are your growing conditions? Clean water under 50ppm, lots of light, and proper growing media are the big 3 for growing CP.

Go to http://www.flytrapcare.com and click on the flytrap growing guides. Sundews have the same requirements, with the only significant difference being that some do not need dormancy.

See how your setup compares to his suggestions. Good luck.

Good growing,
Mike

Ah you're right somehow I think I forgot to mention that. I live in Alberta which I think you already found out :) thank you so much for the offer! And oh my gosh wow I don't think I'd have the patience to wait 17 years! 0-0

The main ones I'm looking for are the Burmannii, Gigantea, Sessilifolia, Glanduligera (in my dreams haha) or any sort of Pygmy Sundew (because they are just TOO CUTE :D )

Yeah it most likely doesn't too much, seeing as they never sprouted all at once and died very easily. I think to improve in the future I should have a setup that keeps in the humidity better and maybe a less coarse growing medium.
By Shadowtski
The main ones I'm looking for are the Burmannii, Gigantea, Sessilifolia, Glanduligera (in my dreams haha) or any sort of Pygmy Sundew (because they are just TOO CUTE

I have fresh D. burmannii seed also. Some from this past Fall, some still on the plant.

Good growing,
Mike

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!