FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Nightwing42540
I am going to buy a Schuppenstiel I next week, and was wondering what size and color a starter plant would be. If anyone has a picture of a starter Schuppenstiel I that would be great also. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
By Smooter80
Starters from FTS are fairly large for the price. This time of year it might appear to be smaller but as it wakes up more and gets going for the year, it will probably look more like this by the end of the growing season.
Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (643.06 KiB) Viewed 5257 times
Smooter80, Smooter80 liked this
By Nightwing42540
Smooter80 wrote:Starters from FTS are fairly large for the price. This time of year it might appear to be smaller but as it wakes up more and gets going for the year, it will probably look more like this by the end of the growing season.
I decided to buy a cheaper VFT and got a starter BZ "1955". Are there any differences between a typical and the "1955"? I would be bummed out if there isn't because I already ordered based on the pictures. Do they get the yellow and red color when adults? ImageImage

By SundewWolf
Nightwing42540 wrote: Are there any differences between a typical and the "1955"? I would be bummed out if there isn't because I already ordered based on the pictures. [/img]
I have bad news for you then. BZ 1955 is just a cultivar that has been in propagation since 1955 (Bob Ziemer picked it up at a grocery store I think) That's kind of the unique part. It's appearance isn't too different than any other "typical". You should have saved that cash and put it towards a Schuppenstiel!
By Nightwing42540
SundewWolf wrote:
Nightwing42540 wrote: Are there any differences between a typical and the "1955"? I would be bummed out if there isn't because I already ordered based on the pictures. [/img]
I have bad news for you then. BZ 1955 is just a cultivar that has been in propagation since 1955 (Bob Ziemer picked it up at a grocery store I think) That's kind of the unique part. It's appearance isn't too different than any other "typical". You should have saved that cash and put it towards a Schuppenstiel!
That's alright but does it have the red and yellow coloration?

By Nick
Nightwing42540 wrote:
SundewWolf wrote:

When given proper growing conditions, the plants produced by FTS produce extremely similar characteristics to those advertised in the pictures (if they don't already show up looking like that!).

However, any plants bought this early in the growing season will not exhibit their prime traits, so give it some time for these fellas.
By Nightwing42540
Nick wrote:
Nightwing42540 wrote:
SundewWolf wrote: I have bad news for you then. BZ 1955 is just a cultivar that has been in propagation since 1955 (Bob Ziemer picked it up at a grocery store I think) That's kind of the unique part. It's appearance isn't too different than any other "typical". You should have saved that cash and put it towards a Schuppenstiel!

When given proper growing conditions, the plants produced by FTS produce extremely similar characteristics to those advertised in the pictures (if they don't already show up looking like that!).

However, any plants bought this early in the growing season will not exhibit their prime traits, so give it some time for these fellas.
I emailed Matt and he changed my order to Long Red Fingers.

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!