FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Fishkeeper
My Cape sundews, to whom I have been feeding dead ladybugs, have aphids.
I know there are all kinds of oils that one can spray on plants to kill pests, but are there any solutions that only kill aphids? Maybe a nematode of some sort? I like the moss around them and would rather not kill every living crawly thing in the pots. And I considered finding some live ladybugs, but we have them in our house already (to hibernate) and the ones that don't eventually run out of energy and starve end up in my Neps.
By Fishman
Fishkeeper wrote:My Cape sundews, to whom I have been feeding dead ladybugs, have aphids.
I know there are all kinds of oils that one can spray on plants to kill pests, but are there any solutions that only kill aphids? Maybe a nematode of some sort? I like the moss around them and would rather not kill every living crawly thing in the pots. And I considered finding some live ladybugs, but we have them in our house already (to hibernate) and the ones that don't eventually run out of energy and starve end up in my Neps.
On Capes, i use Neem oil. Works wonders for aphids and mites. Usually after the 2nd or 3rd application youll see them going away. Dont apply during hours of direct sunlight. Best to do it in the afternoon, or late evening and let soak in overnight.
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

*Phew* Okay, hadn't updated this is awhile. :l[…]

Well.. its been a few weeks. I've watched my dog l[…]

All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!