FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By sbrooks
That depends on whether you are using it on your hair and skin, or your plants. ;)
By Hungry Plants
sbrooks wrote:That depends on whether you are using it on your hair and skin, or your plants. ;)
Planet. Should be able to use that one as 100% neem oil. I'm just wondering witch is better to use.
By Hungry Plants
hollyhock wrote:Do you have a specific reason for using the neem oil? Because there are alternatives. Canola oil is effective treatment and safe for carnivorous plants
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/apply-cano ... 76135.html

I seem to have some white powdery mold or mildew on the spag of me nep I wanted to treat
By corky
I don't think sphagnum likes neem oil much , it could end up looking even worse
By hollyhock
I noticed powdery mildew on my Sarracenia yesterday. I made a solution of canola oil and dish soap... Sprayed them down and it's gone today. Make sure if you decide to go that route that you use the correct dilution ratio...
Here's the article that I used for mine
http://www.growingformarket.com/article ... -solutions
By Hungry Plants
hollyhock wrote:I noticed powdery mildew on my Sarracenia yesterday. I made a solution of canola oil and dish soap... Sprayed them down and it's gone today. Make sure if you decide to go that route that you use the correct dilution ratio...
Here's the article that I used for mine
http://www.growingformarket.com/article ... -solutions

That article is great. So do I spray the moss then rinse it to get rid of the sope?
By hollyhock
I never used it on LFSM...But after the application I guess if you soaked and rinsed the moss and squeeze out all the excess water it would remove the very small amount of soap residue.. I mean it's only a few drops per gallon.. just REALLY rinse it thoroughly....
By Hungry Plants
hollyhock wrote:I never used it on LFSM...But after the application I guess if you soaked and rinsed the moss and squeeze out all the excess water it would remove the very small amount of soap residue.. I mean it's only a few drops per gallon.. just REALLY rinse it thoroughly....
Its on the moss my Nep is planted in. Do you have to rinse the plants you sprayed?
By hollyhock
At this point I would just repot your plant.. I don't know if you could remove all the spores from the medium if it is powdery mildew. My plants had the mildew actually on the leaves and pitchers...Also we are not 100% sure that it is powdery mildew on your medium... Starting fresh with a new pot and medium is what I would do.. :D
hollyhock liked this
Drosera germination time

I know I got the "Redrum" seeds from th[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!