FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By mo_carnivore
When I look at the see bank for the ICPS, there is a small selection of species that comes up. Is this because I haven't donated any seed? Will donating some seed give me access to more options? These are probably frequently asked questions, so sorry in advance.
By Fishman
As of tonight, i see 949 available. Dont know if that answers your question, but thats how many i see that are available.
By nimbulan
Yes there is a section with less common species reserved for people who donate. It's not just once, there's a certain amount you have to donate to get access.
By Fishman
mo_carnivore wrote:Fishman, can you see each individual species, or just the number?
Each species. Ive donated a little in the past, but i do not know if it was enough to gain any additional access to any other seeds or not...
By Shadowtski
nimbulan wrote:Yes there is a section with less common species reserved for people who donate. It's not just once, there's a certain amount you have to donate to get access.
That's changed recently. There used to be a "donor's seed list" where the rare and one-off species were listed. That was eliminated this Summer. I emailed Joe Griffin, the ICPS Seedbank Manager. Now, when you donate seed, you give them a wish list and they give you what they have. I asked for some "interesting Drosera". They sent me some D. spaulata "Hong Kong", a D. spatulata hybrid, and some D. scorpioides gemmae .

Your best bet now, is donate seed and send them your wish list and your email address.

Good growing,
Mike
Shadowtski liked this
By Fishman
mo_carnivore wrote:Would any ol' seed work? I'm not trying to rip them off or anything, but the only seed I have now or will have in the near future is some typical capensis.
Just a thought, but maybe someone here on the forums has something youre looking for?

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!