FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Bhart90
With the New Year, came a sobering thought. If I (the 26 year old), was every going to mature, and "grow up" the way I need to, I need to focus on priorities a lot more than I have.I really need to put all of my energy on getting a place of my own. But with that, comes sacrifices, you and i, both know, are necessary. What should I do?

I come "home" and go upstairs into my "room"...... and look around. This should of been done a long time ago, my 2 younger siblings have "lapped" me, in terms of milestones. How do I go about "turning the page"?
Ive been at home since I graduated HS in 09
nuts,
I need to severely shrink my prized hobby, if I ever want to put time into more drastic actions.
like, having my own address, and what not haha.
AND NEED to hit the gym like I should of years ago.

As much as I once enjoyed, coming home from work, and meddling in the vegetation, it's long gone now, and I simply just look around in discontent.

for now, at least, it has to be put behind me. How do I go about doing this?

I have an entire grow room for PEATS sake.

pms or comments are equally acknowledged.
By KategoricalKarnivore
Every journey starts with the first step. It's up to you to change your life. You gotta make up your mind and do what you want. It's all about you. You're still young and have many more years to look forward to. And remember, change doesn't happen over night. Just like the Dr says in one of my favorite movies, What About Bob, take baby steps. The first step doesn't have to be huge. All the little steps will add up to your great journey.
By Adelaide
Are you saying you want to to get rid of your plant collection so you can move out?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
By Bhart90
The pms helped a ton guys.

Priorities S U C K K K K K! Haha

Man, life stinks getting older.

You got to take more serious attitudes, and pay bills. And bald, and taxes. Hahaha

I'm (probably) going to down size to one of everything I have, I could spend all day in my grow room, and not be done. But it's not helping me "grow up" and accomplish the things I neeeeeed to do. Got a Vacation starting on the 8th, got 10 days off, let's see what happens.
Cheers

-Brenden
By SundewWolf
I'm in a similar situation. I should be thinking of moving towards a career (Bachelor's in Animal Biology was a mistake with no job opportunities) but instead my #1 priority is my collection of plants and snails. About 1/2 of my money has gone to them so far, and some more put away for a greenhouse. I want to go back to school, but I'm not willing to part with my large collection. If I don't do anything eventually I will have nowhere to put it anyways though...At least you have an upstairs room. I have a couch in the basement since I turned my room into a hobby room.
By tommyr
Bhart90 wrote:The pms helped a ton guys.

Priorities S U C K K K K K! Haha

Man, life stinks getting older.

You got to take more serious attitudes, and pay bills. And bald, and taxes. Hahaha

I'm (probably) going to down size to one of everything I have, I could spend all day in my grow room, and not be done. But it's not helping me "grow up" and accomplish the things I neeeeeed to do. Got a Vacation starting on the 8th, got 10 days off, let's see what happens.
Cheers

-Brenden
Welcome to adulthood. Wear a helmet because sometimes life is hard. Good luck!
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!