FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Fishkeeper
I got some CPs for Christmas, and they were sitting in front of a north-facing window for a week or so before they were given to me. They were being watered with distilled water, and most are fine, but the U. Longifolia has yellow leaves. The roots look healthy, so I've got it in a bowl full of live sphagnum moss, but it's not perking up. I don't know if that means it's just going to take awhile to perk up, or if I need to do something else.
I've read varying things on how much water they need. Currently, the moss is soaking wet but the plant isn't flooded. Should I flood it completely and submerge the roots?
By mo_carnivore
I have absolutely no experience with Utricularia longifolia, but I'm pretty sure that it kind of goes semi-dormant in the winter - I don't think there's anything to worry about, maybe ease off on the watering. Again, I honestly don't really know, but that's what I heard.
By tommyr
Mine lives in bright, indirect Sun and in water trays with water half way up the pot.
By Fishkeeper
I've been keeping it really damp, flooding the bowl almost completely now and then, and it's much happier. The one big leaf is still yellowy and deadish, but it has a bunch of tiny, bright green leaves sprouting up. Looks like it's happier now.

Not what you would expect...

But, of course. It’s always good to have one[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Ah, an Xtreem "purpurea". My favorite nu[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!