FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By tommyr
Any one! I like "King Henry", "Big mouth", "Jaws", "DCXL" just to name a few. They make big traps.
By Shadowtski
Hi there, welcome to the forum!
If you haven't grown Flytraps before, I'd suggest you start with a "Typical". Once you've mastered keeping a Flytrap alive and thriving for a year or two then I'd move into the more exotic and expensive types.

Matt, who runs this forum, has an online store here: FlyTrapCare Store

If you want to try your hand at growing different types of Carnivorous Plants, I'd recommend the Sundews. Drosera capensis is a very easy to grow plant for beginners.

Browse around in the forums. You'll find all sorts of good information here.

Good growing,
Mike
By SundewWolf
Shadowtski pretty much nailed it. They are all identical in terms of care since they are the same species, but since many kill their first flytrap while learning the proper care techniques I'd go with something that doesn't cost too much.
By Shadowtski
I personally like the red ones. In addition to my clump of Typicals, I have an Akai Ryu (Red Dragon), and a FTS Maroon Monster.

It's mostly a matter of personal preference. Some growers go for larger traps, some like mutated or ugly traps. I like the color. Care of the different variants is pretty much the same. Many varieties are slow growing or not very tolerant of cultivation errors. When you find a variety you like, Google it to see what different growers say about it.

Good growing,
Mike

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!