FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By MrSleeves
It's been about 2 weeks since I planted the moss and u can see it growing upward. Looks like it has taken hold and growing.

They say if your neps are happy then sphag is happy. I'd say the opposite is not true as I can't get my plants to pitcher. These r new plants so we will see. These are under a 6500k 1900 lumen CFL for about 14 hours a day so they should pitcher seeing that the moss is happy. In my alata's I haven't seen pitchers in probably 4 months. The moss isn't growing as fast in those pots so I assume the lack of winter light isn't giving the plant enough energy

By Aozora
At what temperature do you keep the alata's? Or do they still produce leaves?

I also have one growing here while its winter, got it under a 6500k 13w(i think) led bulb. During the day its around 20C and during the night around 12C, and is standing in the open so it has no extra humidity and is still pitchering.

Got 3 pitchers in the last month.
By MrSleeves
My alata's grow new leaves regularly. I keep them at around 75 with a temp drop to 65 at night.
By MrSleeves
Now all the sudden the tips of the sphag are white. Compared to sphag growing in my bog that are deep green. I can only assume too much artificial light or not enough moisture. My bog is soaked and sits outside uncovered using natural light. My others are growing in my neps that is 3:1 LFSM:perlite. I water ever few days but completely soak the moss with mist 3-4 times a day. Any ideas?
By MrSleeves
ImageImage

It seems to be the new growth that is white. Is that normal or a sign of something?
By Aozora
For the strings of the sphagnum its normal to become white, as they are usually at the bottom end of the moss and will die and become peat. For the heads to get some white tips, it might be possible that they are getting a little dry so the tips might die. If thats not the case then i have no idea.
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

*Phew* Okay, hadn't updated this is awhile. :l[…]

Well.. its been a few weeks. I've watched my dog l[…]

All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!