FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By Dredd93
Hello,
I purchased some GA3 or gibberellic acid, I have read that it may be soluble on some standard shop alcohol but this one has other ingredients:

Gibberellic acid 15%
Inert ingredients 85%

I cannot understand what they mean with inert ingredients some say it is posible that it won't use alcohol but I have no idea.

I'm probably embarrassing myself but it's been almost 7 years since I saw some chemistry lol.
I do electronics.
It comes in powder as most commercial ones.
I just want to pour some in some various seeds I have.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
By Shadowtski
Using alcohol causes the Giberellic acid to dissolve more quickly. It will dissolve overnight in plain water. One supplier has a quick start sheet on their website with more information.

The inert ingredients make it easier to measure out the needed quantity of GA.

Did you get an info sheet when you ordered it? If not, go back to their website and search around. They may have some kit - specific information pertinent to your GA mix.

By the way, what species of seeds are you using the GA on?

Good growing,
Mike
By Dredd93
Shadowtski wrote:Using alcohol causes the Giberellic acid to dissolve more quickly. It will dissolve overnight in plain water. One supplier has a quick start sheet on their website with more information.

Did you get an info sheet when you ordered it? If not, go back to their website and search around. They may have some kit - specific information pertinent to your GA mix.

Good growing,
Mike
Wow thanks a lot, turns out I indeed gonna have to go to the supplier, I need to replace a plant then I'll ask for the manual sheet.

I'm gonna be using the GA3 on some drosera stolonifera seeds and platypoda (I have no idea how they arrived here a seller just give me a small bag with 3 seeds and told me they needed GA3)

Also I wanna see if there is any difference on growing lemon seeds, pomegranate and Habanero pepper by using the GA3.

Thanks again!

By erikHIplants
Dredd93 wrote:
Shadowtski wrote:Using alcohol causes the Giberellic acid to dissolve more quickly. It will dissolve overnight in plain water. One supplier has a quick start sheet on their website with more information.

Good growing,
Mike
Wow thanks a lot, turns out I indeed gonna have to go to the supplier, I need to replace a plant then I'll ask for the manual sheet.

I'm gonna be using the GA3 on some drosera stolonifera seeds and platypoda (I have no idea how they arrived here a seller just give me a small bag with 3 seeds and told me they needed GA3)

Also I wanna see if there is any difference on growing lemon seeds, pomegranate and Habanero pepper by using the GA3.

Thanks again!

A good way for dissolution of the GA3 powder is by minimal isopropyl alcohol in a hot water bath. It should dissolve quickly without vaporization of the organic.
By nimbulan
A 15% concentration of GA3 is pretty standard. It will dissolve more readily than higher concentrations and is easier to measure out. I bought 90% GA3 and have to measure out extremely minute amounts to use for seeds. I'm not sure if GA3 is the best way to go or not for tuberous sundew seeds, but I hope you have done some research about them so you have some knowledge of their specific growing requirements.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!