FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Wikiwakawakawee
So I bought 3 plugs of U. Sandersonii about 3 months ago, and they've sent up buds once before, but they just ended up drying up. I think I had them to dry, so I repotted one plug into a "Monkey Pod" and it seems to be growing much better since some water collects in the pod itself. The Pod is inside my vivarium right now.

I also put some in a cup of sphagnum and keep that with water at all times now.

The 3rd plug i put it a little "Iwagumi" bowl that i had around, and so far all 3 seem to be responding positively.

Both the cup and the bowl are on a North-East facing window sill, I just potted these and its a bit cloudy out today so not much light.
By Aozora
im not sure if its just me or not, but i cant see the images.

U. Sandersonii like it really wet, i give mine a shower every few days and its shooting out flowers really fast.
By Wikiwakawakawee
Can you see these? I have been keeping them a lot more soaked and they seem to be doing better. The one in the glass mug has a bud right now and it seems to be developing, but i guess we'll see.
Attachments:
U. Sandersonii Iwagumi Bowl.jpg
U. Sandersonii Iwagumi Bowl.jpg (687.04 KiB) Viewed 4698 times
U. Sandersonii Cup.jpg
U. Sandersonii Cup.jpg (474.55 KiB) Viewed 4698 times
Moneky Pod U. Sandersonii.jpg
Moneky Pod U. Sandersonii.jpg (506.92 KiB) Viewed 4698 times
By Adelaide
I have a bisquamata and subulata that I can't get to flower, the leaves are spreading rapidly and are growing densely at least. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
By Wikiwakawakawee
Aozora wrote:i see a tiny drosera in the 3rd picture :P
Haha Yeah! I didn't see it until I posted the picture :lol: It's the seeds I got from Hollyhock (Thanks again!)

But anyways, my little "Makeshift" windowsill broke the other day and the bowl shattered so i had to relocate them all into the glass mug and now it's further from the the window since i dont have anywhere to put it :cry:

So for the meantime, i put it next to my terrarium where it gets some indirect light from the terrariums lighting, but i don't think it'll do well there.
By Wikiwakawakawee
w03 wrote:Is it the blue form? I have that one and it is troublesome to flower, only had it happen once when soaking in lots of water, high humidity, and with rather intense lighting.
No this is the typical form, i did hear that the blue form didn't flower as much though....maybe they sent me the blue form by accident? they did have both forms instock when i ordered.
By w03
Those plugs also look like they just need more time to settle in as well, utrics in general flower a lot more once they start to fill up their part or at least get in a good amount of vegetative growth.
By Adelaide
Thanks!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
By Wikiwakawakawee
Alvin 415 wrote:Pretty sure that the water level should be at the level of soil surface to get them to flower. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should the water ALWAYS be at soil level, or should i wait to add more water once theres no more water in the cup?
By Alvin 415
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:
Alvin 415 wrote:Pretty sure that the water level should be at the level of soil surface to get them to flower. Good luck.

Should the water ALWAYS be at soil level, or should i wait to add more water once theres no more water in the cup?
Mine stopped flowering when the water got low, and started flowering again when I increased the water to the soil surface.

By Wikiwakawakawee
Alvin 415 wrote:
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:

Mine stopped flowering when the water got low, and started flowering again when I increased the water to the soil surface.

Alright thanks, i'll try it out!

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!