FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Teye01
My utricularia Sandersonii is a very little thankfull plant. It makes me very happy to see her everyday :D
Teye01 liked this
By Teye01
Hahahaha. It could be indeed :p. I put it in this cup because I wanted to see the traps and I didn't have any small pots that would fit her (I didn't want a big pot). It is not my own idea though, all credits go to "thecarnivoregirl.com".
By Grey
I love that it's growing in a cup! I grew a couple of utrics in a glass cube once and the foliage starting taking over the internal sides that were exposed to daylight -- it was quite something, but not much fun to re-pot haha. Still, a cup is a brilliant idea and I hope that you get the bladder exposure that you're looking for. :-D
By Teye01
Thanks :D ! I hope it will look like yours. Because that was the kind of look I was hoping for when I put it in.
It already has the bladder exposure (or it is the utricularia microcalyx, I don`t know). I will take a picture of it, if I remember to do so.
By tommyr
I LOVE 'Angry bunnies'! I have the normal and 'Blue" forms. Great plants! Yours looks nice in that glass.
By Teye01
I've repotted it because it didn't grow really well. I'll probably be doing the same with my microcalyx fairly soon. I repotted it a few months ago and it is still flowering :D . It is still in a cup though ;) . It was meant to be as kusamono for my bonsai but it is just for fun, I think :).
Ps. The photo is from 2-3 weeks ago.
image.jpeg (52.2 KiB) Viewed 3508 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (60.69 KiB) Viewed 3508 times
image.jpeg (50.54 KiB) Viewed 3508 times
Teye01, Teye01 liked this
By tommyr
Teye01 wrote:I've repotted it because it didn't grow really well. I'll probably be doing the same with my microcalyx fairly soon. I repotted it a few months ago and it is still flowering :D . It is still in a cup though ;) . It was meant to be as kusamono for my bonsai but it is just for fun, I think :).
Ps. The photo is from 2-3 weeks ago.
Nice! I love Sandersonii!
By Wikiwakawakawee
How do you get it to flower? I bought 3 plugs of U. Sandersonii around a month and a half ago, and planted them in 3 different terrariums that i have, but they dont seem to wanna flower :cry: They keep on growing, but they dont send up any flower stalks. Well actually one of the plugs has 2 flower stalks right now, but last time, the buds never opened.

Do I need more light? Have their media more wet?
By tommyr
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:How do you get it to flower? I bought 3 plugs of U. Sandersonii around a month and a half ago, and planted them in 3 different terrariums that i have, but they dont seem to wanna flower :cry: They keep on growing, but they dont send up any flower stalks. Well actually one of the plugs has 2 flower stalks right now, but last time, the buds never opened.

Do I need more light? Have their media more wet?
I'm not an expert on them yet but maybe yours needs more light. Mine are in a west window and currently not blooming at all. Maybe it's not the right time of year? You may want to take them out of the terrarium too.

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!