FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By mokigarden
Hey guys, I've been meaning to do another give away for a while, but have been getting lazy about it. So I decided to do a double giveaway at once to make up for lost time and to buy some more time for the future. The second giveaway prize is not fixed, it could be anything, I'm going to try and first off get you a plant that you don't have in your collection, and it'll be better the more active you are on the forums.

The first giveaway is going be for a packet of byblis liniflora seeds. This is one of my favorite plants due to it's size and beauty. This is an open to everyone and you just have to write your names in the typical giveaway list fashion. I'll pick a name at random Oct 22nd 12:00 AM.

The second giveaway is for whoever can answer this riddle :

I'm not typically considered a carnivorous plant, and I only occasionally eat a specific insect, there's also a chance that you've eaten the insect by eating me, what am I? (Open until Oct 18th 12:00 AM, if more than one person gets it right I'll randomly select a name)
By TyCoz
mokigarden wrote:Hey guys, I've been meaning to do another give away for a while, but have been getting lazy about it. So I decided to do a double giveaway at once to make up for lost time and to buy some more time for the future. The second giveaway prize is not fixed, it could be anything, I'm going to try and first off get you a plant that you don't have in your collection, and it'll be better the more active you are on the forums.

The first giveaway is going be for a packet of byblis liniflora seeds. This is one of my favorite plants due to it's size and beauty. This is an open to everyone and you just have to write your names in the typical giveaway list fashion. I'll pick a name at random Oct 22nd 12:00 AM.

I'm not typically considered a carnivorous plant, and I only occasionally eat a specific insect, there's also a chance that you've eaten the insect by eating me, what am I? (Open until Oct 18th 12:00 AM, if more than one person gets it right I'll randomly select a name)
is the answer to the riddle "a fig"???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By TyCoz
Lol XD sorry

By mokigarden
TyCoz wrote:
mokigarden wrote:Hey guys, I've been meaning to do another give away for a while, but have been getting lazy about it. So I decided to do a double giveaway at once to make up for lost time and to buy some more time for the future. The second giveaway prize is not fixed, it could be anything, I'm going to try and first off get you a plant that you don't have in your collection, and it'll be better the more active you are on the forums.

is the answer to the riddle "a fig"???

Yep its a fig. You were technically supposed to message me that answer so other people get a chance at the question, not everyone is on the forum right now haha. I'll also accept leathal_traps answer since he messaged me right about the same time, I'll flip a coin and let you guys know who wins.
By TyCoz
Oh... ok thanks sorry... that would've made more sense my bad

By mokigarden
So TyCoz seeing as how you're pretty new to the hobby, I'll send you a decent care package to get you started, with a typical flytrap, some capensis red seeds, burmanii humpty doo seeds, sessilifolia seeds, and some other seeds if I find more in my seed storage. I'll also send you something leathal, message me since I checked your grow list and it's a lot fuller haha, but I still have a lot of things I can send your way.
By mokigarden
TyCoz wrote:Oh... ok thanks sorry... that would've made more sense my bad

No worries, message me for more info.
By Aozora
1. mo_carnivore: thanks for the giveaway!
2. Aozora: great giveaway
By Fishman
3. Fishman: Awesome, thank you!
By mokigarden
Giveaway ends tomorrow night at midnight! (Or technically tonight since its already past midnight). I'll be mailing out tycoz and leathal_flytraps prizes tomorrow, I'll update you guys via messages with the tracking information.
By TyCoz
mokigarden wrote:Giveaway ends tomorrow night at midnight! (Or technically tonight since its already past midnight). I'll be mailing out tycoz and leathal_flytraps prizes tomorrow, I'll update you guys via messages with the tracking information.
thanks so much!

By klosi
4. klosi, may the force be with you
By TyCoz
klosi wrote:1. mo_carnivore: thanks for the giveaway!
I think it ended yesterday sorry

By Aozora
TyCoz wrote:
klosi wrote:1. mo_carnivore: thanks for the giveaway!
I think it ended yesterday sorry

Not sure about the time difference but i think it is still a few hours before it ends
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!